Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed at night they light up when they want to. Sometimes they'll be fine with both on.. but then the next time you go somewhere one won't be lit up. I heard they were LED's and I called my local Pontiac dealership to see if it was something simple I could replace and they told me I'd have to buy a whole new switch. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? And how much would it cost?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lol: Yeah they light up, like I said mine do it when they want. The same crappy green color as everything else. But since I know they light up I have to get it fixed because I hate having a new car and something not working right on it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've noticed at night they light up when they want to. Sometimes they'll be fine with both on.. but then the next time you go somewhere one won't be lit up. I heard they were LED's and I called my local Pontiac dealership to see if it was something simple I could replace and they told me I'd have to buy a whole new switch. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it? And how much would it cost?
I just checked and LEDs are not serviceable! That is stupid, only way is take switch apart and solder new ones in. If the TC is lit-up and window is not I bet there is a bad solder joint on board inside switch rather than LED. It should be covered by warrantee. If you don’t have warrantee try EBay for used.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts