Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love the goat (going to pick mine up tomorrow)...but honestly, I'd say the Cobras are probably faster. I of course can't say for sure because we do not have the 05's yet, however the cobras have a lot of power. I'm no mustang fan by any means (nothing against them, just not my style), but my friend has an 03 with just a few mods...new pulley, exhaust, and maybe a few other bolt-ons I can't think of, anyway his car makes :eek: 470hp at the wheels! :eek: Yes, I've seen the dyno sheet. That's alot of power even though the mustang has the aerodynamics of a brick in a shoebox.

I don't think we'll know for sure until the 05's get here, but it's alway easier to gain power when you already have a blower on your engine.

The way I see it though, win or lose, at the end of the race I'm not the one in the mustang. :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't think we'll know for sure until the 05's get here, but it's alway easier to gain power when you already have a blower on your engine.

And Technically, Thats The Only Thing That Gets The Cobra Up There. . .You Take That Supercharger Off And Your Talkin Mabe 305-310Hp. (Stock).
But I Still Will Say The Gto Is Quicker, Bc My SS Camaro Will Show ANY Mustang The A** End (Stock That Is), And This GTO IS Rated With More Power And Tqe. . .So I Think That The GTO Has IT. And My 02 SS Camaro Was Only RATED (MAIN WORD) At 345 Hp, And Yeah My Camaro Is Stock. . .Except The Exhaust. . I HAd To Go With Corsa ;)
(Ive Dynoed My SS Camaro, ANd I Get 383 RWHP Every Time.) . . . .STOCK! Haha

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i love those ss with 345hp. anyway think of getting all of the boltons like air intake, headers, free flowing cats, and exhasut, along with a supercharger. who would when then ;) and what do u think the 1/4 mile time would be in the 11s?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well If Your Talkin ABout Your GTO And Those Mods I Think Youd Get Low 12s HIGH 11's And It Just Depends On What Kindve Mods You Do to It, Me Personally I Dont like A Supercharger, But thats Just My Little Opinion The Main Reason Why I Dont Like Them Is Because Your GTO Runs A 10:1.1 Or An 10:5.1 Ratios, And IF You Put A Supercharger Your Talkin An 8:5.1, And I Just Dont Like Messing WIth The Compression Of The Engine. ..Nomatter How Bad Of Gas Milage IT Gets Haha

Just My Opinion ;)

James Ross--Gm Certified

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well The First Step Would Be To Get That Restricted Intake Manafold, And Anything That Would Have To Do With The Mighty LS2 Breathing. And Also You Can Get Ond Of The GM OBCR (On Board Computer Remote) From ANY Gm Parts And Reprogram It, And Your Talkin aBout 450-475 Hp/ 425-430 Ftlb EASY. . .Little Mods ;) :D :cheers LoL

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol is the best progamer the predator? and where could you take it to get the goat professionally tuned b/c i would haev know idea how to tune it and might screw something up?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
oh by the way can your ss truck i know your car would kill it keep up with a lightning stock on stock? jw b/c i never see many ss and i think they are awesome :cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well Big Jim. . .Ive Only Raced One Lightning, And Well From 0-75 And Sometimes 80, I Can Take The Lead But Around 80-85 Its The Lightnings Turn And As Bad As I Hate To Say This. . Mine Only Tops Out At 120MPH. And I THink Chevorlet Couldve Done Better But For A BIG Ext Cab Truck. . .IT Can Hold Its Own (In EVERY Aspect)! The Silverado SS IS A Stoplight Racer. . .Ive Beaten Mustang GT's From SToplight To Stoplight. ..And One Mach 1 With 305 Horsepower, But Im Sure You Know How That Played Out. . I Got Him To About 65 MPH THen IT Was All Mustang. . .Haha, But Its A Respectable Truck For Its Weight And Only 345 Hp. . . :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahaha thats pretty funny. thats nothing to be ashamed of my friend has a lightning and they are one quick sob. i know this is embarrising but some freak in a accord tried to race us :shutme you know how that turned out ;) total domination. also is your truck limited/speed governed. if you put a supercharger on it then you would be able to smoke the lighning pretty good. what mods do you have to your camaro ss. that was my favorite car for years but could never afford one. does your ss have the slp package?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just noticed you are only 20 years old. you are so lucky to ahve those cars/trucks. I am also only 20 but hopefully i can get a GTO one day :cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
BigJim said:
ahaha thats pretty funny. thats nothing to be ashamed of my friend has a lightning and they are one quick sob. i know this is embarrising but some freak in a accord tried to race us :shutme you know how that turned out ;) total domination. also is your truck limited/speed governed. if you put a supercharger on it then you would be able to smoke the lighning pretty good. what mods do you have to your camaro ss. that was my favorite car for years but could never afford one. does your ss have the slp package?

Well Big Jim Actually My SS Silverado Does Have An Governer And Its Set To 120Mph @ 6200RPM's, But Im Gonna (In The Future) Reprogram It. And Well I Like Superchargers, But Im The Type Of Guy That Likes ALL Engine No Help From Anything, Plus I Dont Like Sacraficing Compression For A Supercharger :p. And My Camaro SS It Is BONE Stock I Mean The Only Mods I Have In It Is The Corsa Exhaust System, 3 in Pipes, And No It Doesnt Havr The SLP Package, But Guys Tell Me I Should Get It. . .But I Dont Know What Im gonna Do With It Just Yet, I Havent REALLY Drivin It All That Much It Only Has 5,800 Miles. . .Somethin Like That On It. The Engines Still Young Just yet So I Dont Know What Ill Do Just Yet. . .WHat Do You Think :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Camaro SS Vs. 05 Pontiac GTO. . .Which One Do You Think Would Win Out Of The Two? I Think GTO (Dunno Yet)!

·
Registered
314 Posts
BigJim said:
I just noticed you are only 20 years old. you are so lucky to ahve those cars/trucks. I am also only 20 but hopefully i can get a GTO one day :cheers

Ummmmm did you read the rest of his profile? He is GM Certified, yet he is also the owner of the dealership?!?!?! Since I am the President of a Wireless Consulting Firm why don't I just type something as follows:

Own Wireless Consulting Firm & I am also a Janitor at a Wireless Consulting Firm.

But then again that's just me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
sboylan said:
Ummmmm did you read the rest of his profile? He is GM Certified, yet he is also the owner of the dealership?!?!?! Since I am the President of a Wireless Consulting Firm why don't I just type something as follows:

Own Wireless Consulting Firm & I am also a Janitor at a Wireless Consulting Firm.

But then again that's just me.

First Of All You Can Belive What you Want, But I Didnt Feel Like Typing IN My Profile That Its My UNCLES And My Dad Is The Secondary Owner, THEN Im The Manager. . .So I Might As Well Say Its Mine IT Will Be Before Too long Neways So Ask Questions Before You Have Doubts Ok, ANd Yes I Am GM Certified. So Please (I Dont wanna Start An Arguement, But Dont Tell Me What I Dont Own And What I Do Own). And We Will Get Along Just fine (Have You Ever THought About MY LIKEING To Work On Gm Vehicles) I Like Workin On Vehicles. So I Work In The Shop At The Dealership

·
Registered
109 Posts
tHIS wAS tHE mOST pAINFUL tHREAD tO rEAD wITH aLL oF tHE pOOR cAPITALIZATION. pLEASE bE kIND aND oNLY uSE cAPS fOR tHE fIRST wORD iN a sENTENCE.

·
Registered
314 Posts
muohio said:
tHIS wAS tHE mOST pAINFUL tHREAD tO rEAD wITH aLL oF tHE pOOR cAPITALIZATION. pLEASE bE kIND aND oNLY uSE cAPS fOR tHE fIRST wORD iN a sENTENCE.

Oh how you beat me to it.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts