Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM Buy Power located some 05 GTO's on some lots! Wonder if any of them would take $1500 off sticker today?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Some of the corvette guys are having big problems with that engine. One guy has been driving a cavalier for a month and making payments on a corvette and paying insurance on a corvette.

·
Registered
63 Posts
WS6Vert said:
GM Buy Power located some 05 GTO's on some lots! Wonder if any of them would take $1500 off sticker today?
I'd be willing to bet the cars are not there yet. Last year my car was sitting on my dealers lot Dec 12th according to GM's computer but in fact it was still sitting in Benicia California where it sat until Jan 4th and didn't get to my dealer until Jan 26th. Don't believe what you read on GM's site. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
cuspid said:
Some of the corvette guys are having big problems with that engine. One guy has been driving a cavalier for a month and making payments on a corvette and paying insurance on a corvette.
cuspid, where did you get that engine info from, a friend that owns a car or a vette website ???? curious to know. Thanks Craig

·
Registered
432 Posts
cdb said:
cuspid, where did you get that engine info from, a friend that owns a car or a vette website ???? curious to know. Thanks Craig
98 Vette owner. No engine problems whatsoever. 55,000 miles and counting until I decide to buy a GTO. You have a chance of having problems with any car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
C5ORGTO said:
98 Vette owner. No engine problems whatsoever. 55,000 miles and counting until I decide to buy a GTO. You have a chance of having problems with any car.
My 04 goat is great and so was my 97 vette. I was referring to his post about the LS2 in the C6. Still curious though not in thew market for one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
cuspid said:
You must be a little misinformed. there have been no issues with the engine persay, but with the crank pulley coming loose. But that has been very sporatic. I have only read about 5 members having problems on the corvette forum

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cuspid said:
I thought the main difference between the
ls-1 and LS-2 was the cylinder bore. Why should that cause a problem?
I'm sure the intake is more free flowing and a bigger cam.
what could go wrong? My 00 WS-6 T/A has 32k miles on it, bought it new, never any problems! :cheers

·
Registered
476 Posts
WS6Vert said:
Anyone able to find an actual dealer website that list on in their inventory? If so, please post.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Go to corvetteforum.com and read about the c6. It isn't a problem unless your the owner of one. I don't think it is isolated. I was at a parts counter Friday the guys behind the counter were aware of the problem (I'm in Fl). I own a 04 z06, my son just got a GTO thanks to you guys informing me of the rebates. It ( the z06)cost less than the first GTO's that left the lots. Heavy discounts now as much as $17 off. Very little depreciation. My last one 00 yellow 6sp coupe cost $34500 and I sold it 4 years later for $29000. thats $115/mo deprciation. I can't think of any car you can own for that little of depre ciation. Ask the guys that jumped early on the GTOs

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
TexasRealtor said:
I noticed that some of the dealer inventories are now showing some '05's. :willy:
My Local dealer is showing an 05 red on red, auto. Told me it is in transit. told me that it would be on in the the 16th. too bad I don't wnat an auto. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Country Pontiac Buick here in Antioch, IL have a few. One of them being a 6spd impulse blue with sprt. apperance package :cool
Going to go check it out on wednesday, if I get a good price I will be picking one up!!

·
Registered
476 Posts
FastKars said:
Country Pontiac Buick here in Antioch, IL have a few. One of them being a 6spd impulse blue with sprt. apperance package :cool
Going to go check it out on wednesday, if I get a good price I will be picking one up!!
Let us know if the dealers are willing to bargain on the '05's yet. :cheers

·
Registered
117 Posts
Two '05s are arriving this week at J. KOONS PONTIAC GMC TRUCK, INC. 2050 CHAIN BRIDGE RD, VIENNA, VA.

Both are M6s - one torrid red and one phantom black.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TexasRealtor said:
Let us know if the dealers are willing to bargain on the '05's yet. :cheers
I was already quoted $500 of sticker. :confused

1 - 20 of 27 Posts