Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer just called me to inform me that they would be getting their 05's in and wanted to know if I wanted to reserve one. WIll the 05's be gone quickly? Or will the fact that there are still new 04's and 06's will be coming out soon lead to more incentives on the 05's? I close on a new house Monday and am too young to get impatient and spend an extra couple grand on the same car. (Plus the wife would be easier to get along with!) Any suggestions?

·
Registered
50 Posts
When I bought mine last month I was having trouble finding a dealer to give up my color and transmission combo. I was watching M6's get sold quickly. The dealer I bought mine from worked hard to find my car. They had a IMB auto on the floor and is still there today.. So I guess it just depends on the area. The dealer that my car came from on the other had had 4 others on the lot and were trying to get rid of them they are located in farm land and sell almost nothing but trucks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My prediction is that they will sell out. Less production, hugely improved, increased consumer (car nut) awareness, and a hellava friggin good deal. In Europe, this thing sells for the equivalent of 47K US, we get it for about a 1/3 less! I wanted an Impulse Blue auto, and there was one dealer within 200 miles of mine, and they wouldn't give it up. My dealer had 3 on the lot, and sold them all (big dealer). When I was hunting back in March, alot of smaller dealers didn't have any. I can't predict the future, but if performance cars stopped getting built again, like they were in the 70s, this could be a good car to hold onto for a while. I don't think it will be a bad depreciation risk, that's for sure.

·
Registered
476 Posts
GTOfreak said:
My prediction is that they will sell out. QUOTE]

I disagree. They are not moving well. There are lot sitting in lots in Califorinia. There are three sitting on the lot in San Antonio when I test drove one Wednesday :D They offered $1500 off sticker and are having a hard time moving all GM cars with poor gas milage due to gas prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
GTO Purchase

I was offered several 04 GTO's so the dealer could move them at $20,500 each about 3 months ago. At $25,000 you would still lose money. The 05 is far superior in every way. If you are considering a 04, purchase a low mile used one for high teens! If a small town dealer has several 05's on the lot, then they don't have a local market for late model muscle. They must not advertise on the internet either or they would be gone. In the midwest they are selling like hotcakes. I think most people get hung up on the Grand Am and Grand Prix looking grill and don't give the car a chance. They are very well built, high horse power and just plain fun to drive. I purchased my 05 that is currently being converted into a road racing car and just regret that I don't have another one for street use.........that may change! :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Most will agree that there are far fewer 05s sitting on dealer lots today than there were 04s even farther into the selling season last year. To be even more blunt, I was amazed at how few there were in the DFW area. There will also be a shortage of M6s. I don't know the details but there was a period of time where the factory was only building A4s and the M6 as an option was not available. I stopped into the small town dealer 40 miles outside the metroplex where I found my 04 IMB M6 has only been getting A4s in and been selling 1 a week, 7 down to 3 in the last month. If you have time to search and travel to an area of the country where they haven't sold as well to get the 05 you want, you probably can wait to see if better deals will come. Those that thought the left-over 04s would be even cheaper this year didn't really see their wish come true.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't buy it that 05's are selling that well. I travel all around the south and everywhere I look there are 05's on the dealers lots. I would love to say I never see any, but they are there. I love the car and would like to see it have a long life, but like others, I think it is a done deal. I would wait on purchasing an 05. I got my 04 as soon as they hit the streets. My wife got her 04 in December. $9500 less than mine and she has an A4 so she paid the $1000 gas guzzler tax. Just my opinion though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.