Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple weeks ago my battery died in my GTO. Didnt really think to much of it because I did buy the car about 3 months ago(60kmiles) so I thought what the heck, il just get a brand new battery. got the batts all switched out and it was running fine for the next 2 weeks. last night I literally parked my car for about an hour and a half max and got back in to find a lifeless goat.......againhttp://www.gtoforum.com/images/smilies/mad25.gif. il add that i drove the car to and back from work witch is about 30 milles all together before this happened.
PLEASE HEEEELLLLLLP!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
The battery charges as you run your car. To have a new battery die 90 minutes after letting it sit suggests you have a serious drain someplace that is draining the battery and the charging system is not charging the battery. Start with the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the helpful info. it turns out my clamps that clamp on the battery bolts was worn out and a little loose. i ended up replacing both clamps wich were about 4 dollars a piece. Its probleby the cheapest fix for an issue ive ever had.
Thanks again Bro

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Yes the alternators in these cars have an internally mounted regulator as do most vehicles since the late 70s/early 80s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts