Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes sireeee guys heard it from the horse's mouth today....plus gonna come stock with Corsa exhaust.......Look out prolly around 40 G's

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Here is another horse named Autoblog

Sema Update: Daily dosage of whupass, courtesy of Pontiac
Posted Nov 3, 2004, 9:50 AM ET by Dave Ko

Let this be a lesson to you - it always pays to wait. For those of you who shelled out the dough for the garden variety GTO, this is your cue to slam your fist on your keyboard in disgust. The Ram Air 6 Concept introduced this week at SEMA is what the GTO should have been. Where the standard Goat (dare I use the moniker? ) looked like a mildly worked over grand-am with two doors, the Ram Air 6 has the subtlety of Pee Wee Herman on *******. Functional scoops, lids, lips, gobs of carbon fiber, and deep dish billet wheels aside, this GTO packs the heat to back up the bling. A 6.4L LS2/LS7 frankenmotor partsbin special puts out 575 horsepower and 500 lb/ft of torque - enough to propel all 3900 lbs of goatiness to 60 in under four and a half seconds.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
05GTO said:

Let this be a lesson to you - it always pays to wait. For those of you who shelled out the dough for the garden variety GTO, this is your cue to slam your fist on your keyboard in disgust. The Ram Air 6 Concept introduced this week at SEMA is what the GTO should have been. Where the standard Goat (dare I use the moniker? ) looked like a mildly worked over grand-am with two doors, the Ram Air 6 has the subtlety of Pee Wee Herman on *******. Functional scoops, lids, lips, gobs of carbon fiber, and deep dish billet wheels aside, this GTO packs the heat to back up the bling. A 6.4L LS2/LS7 frankenmotor partsbin special puts out 575 horsepower and 500 lb/ft of torque - enough to propel all 3900 lbs of goatiness to 60 in under four and a half seconds.
yeah but the ram air 6 concept is exactly that a concept.....it'll never see daylight with gm, they couldn't sell the 04's for 34 grand, u think someone will pay45 grand for a car that'll cost em at least 2000 every six months on insurance...let alone gas prices. the parts on that car are too and i mean TOO COSTLY for it to make production...besides that, it's riced out, i'll stick with my sleeper, they're not gonna go that outrageous with the body

Don't get me wrong that would be one BAD M-F-er wouldn't it???

·
Registered
8 Posts
That motor will never see the light of day in the production GTO, but I don't think the body is that radical at all. It's what the '04's should have looked like to begin with and they would all have been sold a long time ago.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
If this theoretical 2006 GTO is U.S.-built they could stick a General Electric F110 afterburning high-bypass turbofan in it and I wouldn't buy it.

Besides...~$40k is within tapping distance of a CTS-V, C6 Vette, Audi S4, and BMW M3. Buh-bye killer value.

·
Registered
117 Posts
05GTO said:

Possible but not probable. I would like to see it but am not holding my breathe. GM is more likely to slap a chevy bowtie on the vehicle, if it is built, and call it the all new Camaro ZL-1 or some other retro model to counter future hi-po mustangs

·
Registered
77 Posts
General Electric turbofan engine..... :shutme

Grouch, come on now, I can get you one hell of a deal on a M250 Allison/Roll-Royce gas turbine engine. Now, you put that baby under the hood, and you are talking some acceleration.

Seen the company in Lousiana that takes gas turbine engines and puts them in cars, boats, motorcyles. Jay Leon has a bike. Got to be one hell of a purr once you rev those turbines up. But, the throttle response is less than desireable. Needless to say, you would need to get off the gas way before you tried to make that turn.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
catchmeifucan said:

Grouch, come on now, I can get you one hell of a deal on a M250 Allison/Roll-Royce gas turbine engine. Now, you put that baby under the hood, and you are talking some acceleration.

Seen the company in Lousiana that takes gas turbine engines and puts them in cars, boats, motorcyles. Jay Leon has a bike. Got to be one hell of a purr once you rev those turbines up. But, the throttle response is less than desireable. Needless to say, you would need to get off the gas way before you tried to make that turn.
Heee! Talk about a linear powerband though... :D

And if Jet A isn't at your corner Chevron, diesel is always easy to get! :cool

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
OK...last post on turbine powered cars as it's veered way off topic, but this is a great article on the realities of gas turbine powered cars: http://www.turbinecar.com/sia/sia127.htm

BTW a buddy of mine here at work has a friend who worked on Jay Leno's turbine bike. Keep in mind that a turbine puts out nearly the same amount of heat at idle as it does at full spool. I guess at one time, they had to replace the front valance on a guys Porsche because, seeing Leno on the turbine bike, he edged closer to take a better look.

The exhaust melted the Porsche's nose. :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
05GTO said:

3900lbs and 0-60 in four and a half secs. Nah, can't be right. The 05 LS-2 cars are doing this already. With 575 horse and 500 lb feet of torque It must be FASTER...MWHAAAA...MWHAAAA...MWHAAAAAAAAAAA!!! I need it!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've heard a similar story from a GM dealer and an area rep. They claim it is to be the new version of the GTO Judge. Just passing on what I have been told.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
catchmeifucan said:

Actually, that's a rolls royce helicopter engine. For every mph the bike goes you get one hp. so not necessarily fast acceleration, but one heck of a top end if you got the boyz to find out how fast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
new member with questions

New member here with a manual barbados gto. Throwing around supercharging but unsure what my plans will be once something like a ram air 6 comes out. So what is the deal anyways, i thought gm was going to release the convertable and the judge in 05 along with the regular gto like the 04's only with the 400hp Ls2. Was the judge just say so and if not when will it hit the showrooms and what will it have that sets it aside from the the gto.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts