Pontiac GTO Forum banner

06 GTO Dead & No door locks

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  68OldGoat 
#1 ·
Being stumped... I put a viper remote start alarm in. It took alittle bit of time. Because of running wiring from driver to passenger side. Everything worked great started up with viper remote after I pressed the unlock buttom from factory remote.. Did the steps a couple of times no problem.
Shut car off went inside to clean up. Came back out went to start it up with key. it ran for about 2 seconds then died out. key fob not working n no power door locks for push button. Replaced battery in key fob last night.
Still nothing, then n hour later it worked. Tried it again this morning and it worked good for about 5 to 6 times then nothing.

Stumped, I removed the viper R/S still nothing from key fob. car will not start.

HELP PLEASE

#2 ·
The threads on this Forum concerning electrical door lock problems( see; http://www.gtoforum.com/f2/darn-door-locks-2301/ ) seem to all have something to do with the BCM. Did you have a wiring schematic from GM (at least for the BCM)? Or did you just use the Viper instructions to do your install? Although it sounds like your problem may be caused by your Viper install ..... what if something happened when you did the install and on power-up you could have fried the door lock relay (GO FIGURE!). It is hard to tell!

When I had a problem with my MAF wiring harness, I hooked up an OBDII and it said the problem was the MAF. That was of very little help since it didn't say if the MAF was bad or the wiring was the problem. I found it easier to just take it to a Stealership and have them hook it up to their Tech2 (this can give a pretty detailed analysis of what is going on with your electrical .. or powertrain parts of this car). After they have done their diagnoses, you can then decide to fix it yourself or get them to quote the fix. This keeps you from going in wrong directions (diagnosing could take hours or days and just guessing what parts you might need) when dealing with electrical problems in these cars. Or you could get a GM Schematic and start from their with your own diagnoses!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.