Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '67 Goat and just purchased an interior from a '06. I am going to use the seats in the '67. Can anyone give me any info and or pics to accomplish this? I know it has been done and i am especially interested in the rear seat. The fronts shouldn't be too hard but any advice would be appreciated.

:willy:

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I have a '67 Goat and just purchased an interior from a '06. I am going to use the seats in the '67. Can anyone give me any info and or pics to accomplish this? I know it has been done and i am especially interested in the rear seat. The fronts shouldn't be too hard but any advice would be appreciated.

:willy:
I really like the '05 GTO seats in the front of my 1967 GTO. However, I didn't bother with the rear seat -- too much trouble fitting it properly. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
:agree, But if you are gonna do it....my interior will be done in about a week...I will post pics then. IF you like my job, I can probably get the Upholstery shop to modify your rear seat.....this is the hard part. The front seats fit well, with a mod to the tracks. Rears need major fabrication to look right.......alsp see CRUSTYSACK's build. Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Although the 64-67 are the "nicest", by todays standard they are downright uncomfortable,
the fwd tracks of the 06 seats need to have the rear tabs ground off, you need to fabricate custom mounts in the floor. I just made a base with a 5/16 stud welded to the floor. You can use the stock fwd inboard stud to locate the seat and it will be centered with your steering wheel, and then set the other 3 points. I am 6'1 and have a really comfortable pedal and steering wheel reach with this set up. The rear poses a different problem, the 06 seat is much narrower and taller than the old one, so you either set it place and fill in the outer sides with upholstered pieces- about 5-6" wide. But this looks funny because the front and rear seats dont line up, so I split the rear seat and mounted them directly behind the fronts and made a wider center console/ sub woofer enclosure. The height issue can be addressed by having the round piece that goes around the headrest removed and just leaving the headrest in (for safety) or leave the headrest out for the old school look. I think the 4 bucket seats look good though. search my interior posts and you will see

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Crusty, When you 'widened the back seat', did you still need fillers between the seats and the rear quarter panels?.....mine is "in progress as we speak. Thanks, Eric:cheers

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Also......did you guys see the 64 GTO in the new High Performance Pontiac Mag??? The owner mounted 2 front buckets in the back ....looks like a 2+2 set up......extremely cool mods on the car, in and out....Eric

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I figured that would be necessary,,,,,we shortened my seats last week, and are gonna mount them to a 67 GTO rear seat frame back, and bottom...then use the old frames and fill in the spaces....should come out good! Fronts: modified the tracks, fit like a charm!!:cheers Eric

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Thanks for the info guys! I'm gonna start installing 06 seats in the 67 tomorrow.

You're gonna love those updated front seats! I'm 6'9" tall and I had the driver's seat tracks set so that I have to move the seat UP to reach the pedals. First time in history for me...........

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
You're gonna love those updated front seats! I'm 6'9" tall and I had the driver's seat tracks set so that I have to move the seat UP to reach the pedals. First time in history for me...........
Why didn't you just sit in the back seat? Guess no one is sitting behind you..

Seats look great. Do you have to lower the seat mounts, or just change the angle? I want them for my 70.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts