Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sunday, me and the wife are heading home from the inlaws. Going 60 on route 4 towards NYC in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway (50 speed limit..I know, no reason to speed.) Roads are empty and we are chatting and listening to music with the windows down. A C5 pulls up next to us with a 20 something guy at the helm and we exchange thumbs up. He drops it into
4th. I respond with the same and we take off.
I pull around half a car on him by the time we let off around 140. We exchange thumbs up again and he takes off on his way. From the sound of it he had a catback.. Nothing else I could hear or see from the driver's seat. It was a good race, and a cool guy. Not many people do the thumbs up after someone pulls on them.
On a side note, I should have dropped into third and really show him how my baby runs.. lol, but since he went the 4th route, I decided to match.. It was a fun run, and even the wife, who is usually very squirmish at high speeds, was all excited. "Did we win??" she's funny..
That's the story, and BTW the brakes are rock solid from 140 to 50. I'm verry happy with this setup.. :D
:party:

·
Registered
342 Posts
nice race.

3rd would have given you a bit more chomp. ls2 just simply has more torque but the c5 is about 500# lighter if not more.. so really good run.

wonder what it would have looked like after 140 though... i think c5s are rated to about 175...

good race. i really want to race a c5..

c6s will snuff us out sadly, especially the ls3's

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, they sure are lighter... I was honestly surprised to pull on him myself. Being a heavier car, me at 200 and the wife at 125, with the guy looking around 170. so around 655 lbs of weight diff. But I figured my gas tank being almost empty helped a bit, and having the extra 50-60 ponies. It was fun never the less.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice kill, nice run. How much higher in the rpm range do you think 3rd would have taken you?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I was driving and 60mph in 3rd gear puts you around 4000RPM which right along the powerband..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts