Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
SasdawgGTO said:
Dunno, seen a few concepts, but not too sure on which year model they would turn out to be. As for colors i saw a pretty badass orange one.

There Isnt No Real Fact That There IS An 06 GTO, Gm Says It Isnt A Promise That There Will Be An 06 GTO Or There Wont Be. Well All Just Have to Wait And See. HOPEFULLY There Will Be A.k.a=" The Judge" And More LS2 Power. . .455Hp ;) Sounds Good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I am VERY interested in finding out some info on the '06 gto. I scan the web daily! I'm going to chose between '05 and '06. I don't think I will like the '07 because I like clean-looking cars and I think GM is planning on adding "pizzaz" to the new GTO. You know, something that people will go crazy for now, but will look hideous in 8 years. Like all of the Mustangs.

Anyway, by early January last year, there were already accurate rumors floating around about the '05 GTO. This year, however, there isn't a peep about the '06. At least to my knowledge. I think this is a good sign. I like to think that GM is making the '06 with good upgrades and they think that if they tell people, no one will want the '05. But that's wishful thinking. What I do know for certain is that there WILL be an '06 GTO because GM has clearly stated that the GTO is a PERMANENT member of the Pontiac family.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I really believe the GTO is here to stay. I got called by Pontiac over the weekend and did a telephone survey that had some interesting open ended questions. They wanted to know my opinion. Let's hope they don't screw up a good thing with the next gen of goat's. The '06's will most likely have few changes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey guys new to the boards. my dads a manager at a dealorship so i do have a little inside info... i dont know whats going on for 06, but in 07 the gto is going to be made here and is going with a more retro look.

·
Registered
476 Posts
jag767 said:
hey guys new to the boards. my dads a manager at a dealorship so i do have a little inside info... i dont know whats going on for 06, but in 07 the gto is going to be made here and is going with a more retro look.
We know that the '07 will be made in the US on a new platform, but we are not sure of the exterior look. I bet the '07 won't have the great Holden seats either. See if your dad can find any sketches of the '07.
:cheers

·
Registered
674 Posts
jag767 said:
hey guys new to the boards. my dads a manager at a dealorship
Which one? Got mine from Arnold, very happy with the experience. Morrissey told me to go to TX to get the car for the price advertised there, and never called me back when the rebates went up. Sun was working deals on the automatics. I would have leased from them, but they also never got back to me. The dealer in Queens in November said if I could get it for under sticker I should.

·
Registered
64 Posts
TexasRealtor said:
Kinda like GM saying that Oldsmobile is the backbone of the corporation.
I think GM's comment about Oldsmobile was made because they're trying to be nice and they want people to like Oldsmobile. By saying Oldsmobile is the backbone, they're really not saying anything factual. But when they say that the GTO is permanent, I'd say that's a solid statement that the GTO will be around for at least a few more years.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was going to go there, but they only had autos or the colors my wife said no to (yellow, impulse, cosmos, red & red,) on buypower in late november.

My choices were barbados, then silver, then black.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.