Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting a new car, and it is definitely going to be a GTO. The question is whether to get a new 05 or 06... now the story goes that my VW GLI was a lemon and VW is replacing it but only giving me 26 of the 29 I paid for it because I have had it for a few months. Well that pretty much limits me to 05's and maybe to a slightly used one. I have found 5 05
M6's in the state and have got the pricing to 28, although I know I can do better.

I stopped by the local dealership yesterday to let them know that if they can get on 05 M6 I will buy it off of them instead, and the service manager proceeded to try and make me out to be a fool and say why wouldnt you spend an extra $1200 to get an 06, it would be stupid not too. Well I asked him if he could get me an 06 for 29 and he said "probably". So when I asked him what the difference was between the 05 and 06, he couldnt tell me so I told him that I will stick with an 05 and walked out.

Today I got a call from that same dealer saying that they will sell me an 06 blue/blue for $28... :eek: Now I know this is probably an awesome price, but I would like to get as close to the 26 I am getting back from my other car as possible...

My question is, You guys think I should take the 06 for 28, or a little lower if I can... Or use this to my advantage and get the price of the 05's I have been looking at accross the state at an even lower price??? I'm hoping I can get an 05 for about 26

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noz34me said:
I was unable to get an '05 for 26K a couple months ago in NC area, but was able to negotiate that price from a dealer in NY.

Don't know what else to tell you other than good luck!

Thanks, they are pretty stingy around here but I'm gonna see what I can do... I might look into south carolina dealerships too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.