Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The complete '06 ordering guide is now up at www.gmfleet.com. In addition to the upgrades/changes found in the earlier link, it seems that the seat travel speed has been increased in improve rear seat entry, orange gauges/stitching for Brazen Orange exterior, and silver gray gauges/stiching for the new Spice Red exterior. I also noticed that the guide has been upgraded to say that there will now be a central lock/unlock button in the center console for locking and unlocking the doors, no more messing with the door pins.

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/do...ehicleID=2533&section=modelhome&page=&butID=1

On a personal note, my Photoshops of the new colors are almost dead on compared to the pics in the guide, I'm quite happy with myself with that, lol.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I noticed that GM now allows the GTO to tow 1000 lbs. It recommends the tongue weight to be 10-15% of total weight. I wonder if GM will sell a hitch for it. It specified the LS2 engine.
I also wonder if there is a difference between the 05 and 06 that spurred GM to officially allow this.
Otherwise, there shouldn't be a reason this wouldn't also apply to the 04/LS1. The transmission (manual at least) is the same from 04 to 06. I presume the rear end is as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
diverdan said:
I noticed that GM now allows the GTO to tow 1000 lbs. It recommends the tongue weight to be 10-15% of total weight. I wonder if GM will sell a hitch for it. It specified the LS2 engine.
I also wonder if there is a difference between the 05 and 06 that spurred GM to officially allow this.
Otherwise, there shouldn't be a reason this wouldn't also apply to the 04/LS1. The transmission (manual at least) is the same from 04 to 06. I presume the rear end is as well.

Rec'd this recently:

For the parts u require for your vehicle the lower bar garnish will cost : $108.00, the small towbar removable piece: $ 4.00, the towbar pkg itself: $ 320.00, and the price on tha harness is : $61.00. I don't know if you will need to use that and adapt it to suit your own trailers and others. The towbar itself weighs about 25kg's so it will be over $100.00 to ship it. I will get an approximate quote for u if u want to go ahead with it. All these prices are in Aust $ as i don't know the conversion rate.
Hope this info is of some help to u.
Regards

Sean Beatty
Asst Parts Manager

Hunter Holden
603 Victoria Road
Ryde NSW 2112
www.hunterholden.com.au

(02) 8878 7878 Main
(02) 8878 7869 Direct
(02) 8878 9519 Fax
[email protected]

I'm finalizing the order, including shipping, Tuesday the 31st. My initial calculations total approx $455.00 US.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.