Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard they were too tall, too wide, too heavy, and you loose headroom & legroom. Its NOT TRUE. I just put these into my 72 and I can't believe how comfortable they are, and how they hold you in the car. Two wire power hook-up and they work great, there is a lot of adjustment in these seats. I am in the process of changing my interior to black, these were way cheaper than recovering my old seats.

Legroom: Does not change front or rear, depends on your adjustment.
Weight: I did not put them on a scale, I did lift in & out of car, same weight.
Height: Seating area is lower at lowest setting by 1.5in.
Headroom: Lost .5in, probably due to firmer seat.
Width: Same

Here are some pics, brackets are simple 1/8 steel, seats are very solid after mounting. Flat brackets are front, bent brackets are rear.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I heard they were too tall, too wide, too heavy, and you loose headroom & legroom. Its NOT TRUE. I just put these into my 72 and I can't believe how comfortable they are, and how they hold you in the car. Two wire power hook-up and they work great, there is a lot of adjustment in these seats. I am in the process of changing my interior to black, these were way cheaper than recovering my old seats.

Legroom: Does not change front or rear, depends on your adjustment.
Weight: I did not put them on a scale, I did lift in & out of car, same weight.
Height: Seating area is lower at lowest setting by 1.5in.
Headroom: Lost .5in, probably due to firmer seat.
Width: Same

Here are some pics, brackets are simple 1/8 steel, seats are very solid after mounting. Flat brackets are front, bent brackets are rear.

If you're a resto-mod guy, the newer seats work. I have 2005 seats in my 1967 GTO.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
:agree with "Shorty" Purfield...You could also have them re-upholstered to MATCH the GTO interior....expensive, but worth it if it fits your budget.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I was also told that the 06 seats would not fit my 65- but I am stubborn and with some minor fabrication they fit like a dream. The newer seats make me feel like a baby in a papoose( being dragged by wild horses):willy: and then I threw the rears in to match :D :cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Crusty, you have any photos or your seat install? I've got a 65 as well and thinkin about going with "new" seats rather than having mine re-covered.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I will post some pics of my interior install when it comes back from the Upholstery shop.....hopefully by next weekend:rofl::willy: Eric

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What did you guys do for the rear seat? A local guy wants $1000+ to recover my rear seat to match the fronts, and that's with vinyl!

·
Super Moderator
5,742 Posts
Now that has some attraction.... My original seats are very nice since I put on the Legendary upholstery, but I seem to sit "higher" in the car now than I remember from oh, 30 years ago. My hair touches the headliner, and I have to sort of 'scrunch down' to see the gauges well. Hmmmmmm

Bear

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I have 06 front and rear in my 69. Posted pics on another thread about it in here it was a pain but I love it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts