Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a dumb question but what it the deal with the window button on the 06's ? everyone seems like they would want that what is the prob. on the 05's with the windows? would anyone buy an 06 over an 05 if they got a great deal on the 05 ( this december i mean )? and anyone have pics of the new stuff in the 06

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, mine has the lock/unlock button on the console.

And even with the supposed upgrade, the seats still seem pretty slow. Oh well, I don't plan on using the back seats much anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey guys! i'm in the market for a new gto. i have looked at the 05 gto and they are offering about 3000 off the msrp. im not sure if i want the car just b/c i'm coming off an e46 2001 m3 that isn't as fast as the gto but handles a lot better and still has a trunk. both dealers that i have been to say there are NO differences btwn the 05 and the 06. do you guys think its worth it to wait for an 06?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
arig said:
hey guys! i'm in the market for a new gto. i have looked at the 05 gto and they are offering about 3000 off the msrp. im not sure if i want the car just b/c i'm coming off an e46 2001 m3 that isn't as fast as the gto but handles a lot better and still has a trunk. both dealers that i have been to say there are NO differences btwn the 05 and the 06. do you guys think its worth it to wait for an 06?
3k off the sticker is not a red tag deal. I would go to another dealer. You can get an 05 for 29500 range(BTW I am a dealer).

06's have a door lock/unlock button inside the car
blacked out tail lights
new pcm
back lit steering wheel controls.
2 new colors

and a partridge in a pear tree.

I would reccomend you find a dealership that knows about the car and then buy an 05.

As far as your switch on cars. Do a search for Groucho's post. He has a very description on how well this car can do with a few modifications to suspension.

oh and welcome.

G

·
i went to the boneyard found a gto with the automatic and looked at the harness its the same between the auto and the stick just in the consol where the auto is the 1 plug is plugged in and has a few switches in it wippie so reallly the cars are alreay done up for the locks put a switch in wahoo but people wanna rewire there car ya i can tell some are BRILLANT weigh that one out why don't ya lol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
1badgto said:
i went to the boneyard found a gto with the automatic and looked at the harness its the same between the auto and the stick just in the consol where the auto is the 1 plug is plugged in and has a few switches in it wippie so reallly the cars are alreay done up for the locks put a switch in wahoo but people wanna rewire there car ya i can tell some are BRILLANT weigh that one out why don't ya lol
Ok I read your post three times.

Mike/GTOdealer can you translate that?

G

·
1badgto said:

I went to the car dealer today and found an automatic GTO. I looked at the harness and it is the same with the manual and auto. In the auto console, is 1 plug that has a few switches in it. Whoopie. So really the cars are already wired for the locks. Put a switch in. wahoo. But people want to rewire their car. Yeah I can tell some are brilliant. Weigh that one out why dont you. lol

thats the best I can do

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
I went to the car dealer today and found an automatic GTO. I looked at the harness and it is the same with the manual and auto. In the auto console, is 1 plug that has a few switches in it. Whoopie. So really the cars are already wired for the locks. Put a switch in. wahoo. But people want to rewire their car. Yeah I can tell some are brilliant. Weigh that one out why dont you. lol

thats the best I can do
Pretty good Mike, what Eddie and some of you don't realize is that when you go through the BCM you must reprogram the BCM to accept that signal or it will do absolutely nothing.......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.