hi everyone,

i was at my local dealer checking out what new cars
had come in and there was a brand new 07 GTO. i
thought they discontinued production but there still
must be some GTO's in the pipeline.

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is no 07 GTO... they you talked to must be off. Least the guy who i frist talked to tried to talk me into ordering a 2007 till i told him they dont have 2006. Id double check things because im quite sure its a 2006

·
Registered
479 Posts
A friend of my fathers supposedly read an article that said there would be an 07 model, but everything I have read says otherwise. I have read numerous posts on this forum and ls1gto and everything points to no 07. I think that they are just trying to market it as an 07 so they can get it off their lot.

·
Registered
100 Posts
wrong. the car is brand new with a 2007 sticker on it. i was surpised also. i'm not bs'ing guys. don't believe me call the dealer and ask. motorworld in wilkes barre pa.
Go to Pontiac's WEB site. NO 07,s

Maybe Motorworld has their own plant ! ! ! !

·
Registered
415 Posts
07 Gto

That is so unprofessional and unfortunate...These clowns at the dealerships
think they can do whatever they want to move vehicles. That's false advertising in a big way. The Goat owner would still be happy though, cuz he
gotta goat! Even when he discovered it was on 06, he'd still be happy!:lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
2007 Gto

I called the dealership in motorworld wilkes barre, Pa. Salesman Joe picked up the call, I told him I was looking for a 2007 GTO, he said hold on; I hear him in the background talking to another guy, I hear the other guy say becareful who you talk to.. Joe came back on the phone and said we have two 2006s in stock they are not making a 2007. Maybe they got wise, or had complaints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi guys,

ok a bit of an update. i went back to the dealer early yesterday morning to look at the car again. i couldn't find it anywhere on their lot. keep in mind this is a very large dealership. my guess is they have 1000 cars in their inventory and i drove by almost everyone searching. when i couldn't find it i called and spoke to a sales person. i think the same "joe" as in the earlier post. i asked him if they had an 07 GTO for sale. he had to ask another person in the showroom but he said no they did not have any 07's. i told him that i saw a GTO with 07 on its factory sticker in the "to be prepped" lot. he said he couldn't explain what i saw. i had planned on going back down to the dealer yesterday afternoon to find the car again but i got sidetracked with work. i will go down first thing tomorrow morning and find the car. i can't explain why a car that was supposed to not be manufactured past 06 have a factory 07 sticker but i can say this.....i looked at the car twice before it was moved and it was an 07 GM factory sticker. i know it sounds nuts but thats what i saw. i didn't believe when i saw it either. maybe its a misprint. and guys i know i don't post here a lot and i can understand some skepticism but i am a guy who loves cars and i check all of the local dealer lots every weekend. hopefully i'll get to the bottom of this in the morning.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hi guys,

ok a bit of an update. i went back to the dealer early yesterday morning to look at the car again. i couldn't find it anywhere on their lot. keep in mind this is a very large dealership. my guess is they have 1000 cars in their inventory and i drove by almost everyone searching. when i couldn't find it i called and spoke to a sales person. i think the same "joe" as in the earlier post. i asked him if they had an 07 GTO for sale. he had to ask another person in the showroom but he said no they did not have any 07's. i told him that i saw a GTO with 07 on its factory sticker in the "to be prepped" lot. he said he couldn't explain what i saw. i had planned on going back down to the dealer yesterday afternoon to find the car again but i got sidetracked with work. i will go down first thing tomorrow morning and find the car. i can't explain why a car that was supposed to not be manufactured past 06 have a factory 07 sticker but i can say this.....i looked at the car twice before it was moved and it was an 07 GM factory sticker. i know it sounds nuts but thats what i saw. i didn't believe when i saw it either. maybe its a misprint. and guys i know i don't post here a lot and i can understand some skepticism but i am a guy who loves cars and i check all of the local dealer lots every weekend. hopefully i'll get to the bottom of this in the morning.

Even if 07's were produced it would be late in the year before they got here, I believe I am right in saying this. Most build dates on 05/06's that I have seen always have build dates late in the year.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It seems that once upon a time car manufactures did retitle cars that did not sell in one model year to the next. Studebaker comes to mind as well as some others. I am not sure if this practice is legal now or still used but might be an explanation. This happened when models were no longer produced mostly. I read about this in "Collectable Automobile"magazine. I would guess it is no longer legel to do this because of all the lawers and disclosure laws.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok here goes.
i get up this morning but i couldn't get down to the dealership as early as i would like. so i call my office and i send my cousin down to try and find the car, look at the sticker and call me with the details. he gets to the dealership and calls me. he found the car and the sticker says 06. i ask him if it looks like a copy and does the vin on the sticker match the vin on the car. he says it does and i still don't believe him. so at the end of my work day i go to the dealership and look for the car just to make sure he didn't miss something. i look, i look and i can't find it. so i go home and call him to ask him where the car was at. he tells me it was behind the service department sitting by itself. well i ask the wife what she wants for dinner, hop in the car and i shoot back to the dealership. i find the car and low and behold it is an 06:confused . i don't know how i saw 07 on the sticker but i'm sorry for doubting you guys and for all of the confusion. i would have bet my left nut that it said 07. either my vision is going or i need a vacation......or both. in the end though the car looks great in silver. who knows maybe this fiasco will finally push me into buying one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.