Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home about 1/2 hour ago, in 2nd around 2800-RPM. He pulls up to my left, and its on. He stays with me until I pull third and the GOAT is gone. Maybe he got nervous, not sure, don't care. Felt great and he stayed behind me the rest of the way until we hit traffic and he went by with the other cars.. So much bang for the buck with these machines!!!

07 Cayman "S" mid to uper 50K. 295hp, 2954 curb ewight. Forgot to get the torque Info.

Not a bad drive home for PDQ...:D

·
Registered
730 Posts
the weekend must have been caymen s weekend. while riding in the 5 point oh i came across a silver one. needless to say i was an easy target for him although he wasn't pulling off from me very fast yet his handling was 1000 times better than mine. i really wished i was in the goat that day. i think i would have tried the low-et way, made up in handling what i had in power.:lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the weekend must have been caymen s weekend. while riding in the 5 point oh i came across a silver one. needless to say i was an easy target for him although he wasn't pulling off from me very fast yet his handling was 1000 times better than mine. i really wished i was in the goat that day. i think i would have tried the low-et way, made up in handling what i had in power.:lol:
You would have smoked him in your Goat. However, I would not tangle with the S on any turn-type deals, not that stupid but close to it. Honestly, I expected more from the S...:cheers

·
Registered
289 Posts
On my way home about 1/2 hour ago, in 2nd around 2800-RPM. He pulls up to my left, and its on. He stays with me until I pull third and the GOAT is gone. Maybe he got nervous, not sure, don't care. Felt great and he stayed behind me the rest of the way until we hit traffic and he went by with the other cars.. So much bang for the buck with these machines!!!

07 Cayman "S" mid to uper 50K. 295hp, 2954 curb ewight. Forgot to get the torque Info.

The Cayman S is a road-course car, not a drag-strip special. But nice kill, anyway.

·
Registered
337 Posts
You are 100% correct. I only posted because he made the challange and I felt compelled to share.:agree
Maybe Cayman didn't know, sometimes we have to just pull away so they get the real picture.:lol:

·
Registered
299 Posts
The Cayman S is a road-course car, not a drag-strip special. But nice kill, anyway.
It may be a road course car but the Goat will get so far ahead on the straights it will not catch you in the turns. My neighbor just bought an 2008 and I look forward to the challenge. His however is not the 'S'. It should be even a bigger kill I would say.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Nice kill PDQ!!!

Always nice to here about the kills. Most especially when your "challenged" by a more expensive ride no matter what type it is !!!:cheers

The Power of Pontiac!!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
It may be a road course car but the Goat will get so far ahead on the straights it will not catch you in the turns. My neighbor just bought an 2008 and I look forward to the challenge. His however is not the 'S'. It should be even a bigger kill I would say.

Please tell me you're not serious. A Cayman S would rape the hell out of a GTO on a roadcourse. And we won't even touch an autocross setup.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts