Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been considering maybe making a few runs at the drag strip after my headers install so I was wondering what times could I expect out of my 06 with headers,catback/H-pipe,and tune in the 1/4 mile if anyone would care to take a stab at it?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I ask is my friend ran his C5 today with catback/H-pipe,and throttle body,his best run out of 3 was 13.1 with 295 KW2s.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The C5 is a bit slower than a stock LS2 GTO.

The 12.9 guess sounds about right to me.

Get some good sticky DR's and I see a 12.5 or 12.6.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Even with the small mods on the C5,the LS2 is still a bit faster?I thought with his weight advantage he would still be a tad quicker even with no mods?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Even with the small mods on the C5,the LS2 is still a bit faster?I thought with his weight advantage he would still be a tad quicker even with no mods?
Sorry about that.

What I was trying to say was the stock C5 is a bit slower than a stock GTO.

With mods the being equal the GTO will be a bit faster. In your case your mods are greater than his so you should do that much better. Traction will be your largest disadvantage.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about that.

What I was trying to say was the stock C5 is a bit slower than a stock GTO.

With mods the being equal the GTO will be a bit faster. In your case your mods are greater than his so you should do that much better. Traction will be your largest disadvantage.
Yea I know what you mean about traction,I have issues on my stock car so I can only imagine it will get much worse with mods.

I'll have to deal with traction issues for a while after buying the headers with install/tune price there is no money in the kitty for anything else at the moment.

·
Registered
377 Posts

I think we disagree here too. I would think a C5 6M with a stock 3:42 rear would be dead-nuts even with an identically driven LS2.

I know about the driver mod, trust me.

Beat a C5Z multiple times from a roll (he had a passenger) due to his shifting, having owned the car for a 1/2 day...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure my friend would beat me,he races alot and I don't,but my chances will go up with the headers even though beating him is not my intent whatsoever.I just want more power for the Mustang guys ie Cobras.LOL

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I think we disagree here too. I would think a C5 6M with a stock 3:42 rear would be dead-nuts even with an identically driven LS2.

I know about the driver mod, trust me.

Beat a C5Z multiple times from a roll (he had a passenger) due to his shifting, having owned the car for a 1/2 day...
We don't disagree at all on this. I made the mistake of assuming it was an auto. A stick C5 should be close to 13.1 stock.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the drag strip I go to there is a bone stock A4 05 CGM that runs 12.7s consistently,must be a factory freak or something.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
must not be bone stock. or else your track isn't full length.
Well I'm only going by what the guy tells me and the track is full length.I've looked under the hood many times and I have never seen any aftermarket parts on it.And it sounds completely stock as well.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The only reason I mentioned the shorter track issue was because there was a mistake at a local track were they setup their new timing system in the complete wrong are (I have no idea how, so don't ask) and people in 13s cars were running 12.5s all year. pretty lame really. But I would expect at least DRs and a converter for an 05 a4 to get consistant 12.7s.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well I've been considering maybe making a few runs at the drag strip after my headers install so I was wondering what times could I expect out of my 06 with headers,catback/H-pipe,and tune in the 1/4 mile if anyone would care to take a stab at it?
Do you have any experience drag racing? If no, you'll run somewhere in the mid to high 13s. If you've had a little seat time low 13s are likely. High 12s possible.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you have any experience drag racing? If no, you'll run somewhere in the mid to high 13s. If you've had a little seat time low 13s are likely. High 12s possible.
I have no experience at all.But I started going to the strip last season and love it! So I'm considering running myself one day,but not certain.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't wait for the green light! If you do, you'll be way late. Start out at like one or two yellow lights left and then adjust from there.
I always figured when the last yellow light hit I'd take off.May never actually run,but hopefully I'll get my nerve up one day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hes right, the first time you will be too nervous...probably will get a bad r/t and spin or bog...i ran a high 13 first time ever down the track, and he is right, it will become an addiction, second night after i ran i went and dropp 350 for the predator...now i have plans for LS3 headers, KN CAI, and god knows what else. :cheers it truly will become an addiction...but this is one addiction im more than happy to live with

1 - 20 of 21 Posts