Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Darlington Dragway for some 1/4 mile runs.

It was about 90F (hot and humid) so i didnt expect to get personal best times but just to have fun.

Here is what i was running consistently:

1.865 / [email protected] / [email protected]
1.880 / [email protected] / [email protected]
1.945 / [email protected] / [email protected]

This was all on street tires. I will have nitto drag radials for winter runs (usually able to pull 1.65 on nittos) and then hopefully cold air will get me to 12.2-12.4 range at about 110+ mph.

My old 98 Trans Am was running 0.5-0.8 sec and 4-5mph faster in winter (60F) comparing to summer (90F + humid)

I was happy just to break 12s in yesterdays heat, but i am looking for sub 12.5 time slip this winter. 60ft improvement with nitto + cold air will most likely put me there. :cheers

But either way, it was fun getting some runs in.

Other thing is my mph was kind of low. I will have to get this car re-tuned since last tunner tunned it more on conservative side and he was not best at it. (but i had to get it done just to use this car for daily driver until i get to better more experience tunner)

Any one with similar set up running similar times *summer and winter*???

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Those are nice 60' times.

·
Registered
257 Posts
nice turnout. I needa learn how to launch mine and i might be able to finally hit 13s lol. my personal best was 14.135 @88mph ... you ask y 88mph. i missed 4th haha.

youll see better times with the colder weather and those drags on.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are nice 60' times.
Thanks
That 3600 torque converter helps but it takes some practice to get those 60ft times down on street tires.

On nitto drag radials, i can pull 1.6s easily.

I got nittos ready for winter + cold weather, i hope to be sub [email protected] at least.

But it is all practice. I have over 300 runs down the track.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice turnout. I needa learn how to launch mine and i might be able to finally hit 13s lol. my personal best was 14.135 @88mph ... you ask y 88mph. i missed 4th haha.

youll see better times with the colder weather and those drags on.
With Manual trans. it takes much more practice thats for sure.

In my 2006 Z06, it took me 30 quarter mile runs to finally get the launch down.
I started with 2.5 (60fts) and got down to 1.90 (60fts) after 20-30 runs.

I went from (2.555 60ft) [email protected] (summer 95F) (my first run in my 06 Z06) and got down to [email protected] that winter with 1.90 (60ft)

so, it is all about practice and time on the track.
:cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts