Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys and gals cant take it no more stereo sucks so im upgrading speakers . will be using jbl 626 gto series no pun intended for fronts and the ones on the side. may go component up front to seperate tweeter and woofer , will be using the 626 coaxle on the ear sides , i know there just filler speakers but should sound good matching them all around , as far as the sub goes im gonna leave stock ones in but raise the gain on the sub amp located in the trunk to 3/4 power. sub amp located in rear trim on driver side in the trunk between inner and outer fender . ive read that havent looked yet , wish me all luck and i will let every one know how it sounds and cost. it will definitely sound better and should allow the head unit to shine with the 4 ohm speakers then the stock 2 ohms , we will see

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after listening to some speakers for the car i have changed my decision on speakers going with ALPINE COMPONENT SPS171A AND SPS170A 2 WAY this will definitely improve the sound in the car and replace the junk with clarity and some punch from th sub once i adjust the gain on the amp for the sub . oh yes all this is 325 installed a great and not to expensive investment i think .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts