Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Goat for a week and here are my observations:

My GTO is a daily driver and as such I will put a lot of miles on it. I commute 45 miles one way every day. It is by far the most comfortable for the daily drive. I almost have a problem actually waking up during my drive in to work in the morning :) It is so tame driving considering the beast lurking under the hood.

Yesterday I took the car to 130 on a nice long and straight country road and aside from the body drift from the high winds we were experiencing, the car was far from unamanagable. It is simply amazing how well it tracks at high speed. Even my wife (who was holding on to the door handle rather tightly) was amazed how controllable the car was.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been all good in the land of my GTO. I'm having speaker problems that don't seem to occur when the car is at the dealership. :confused I have a crackle and ticking noise from the front right two speakers. I have to drop the car off at the dealership and have them take apart the interior to see if there is a short and hopefully find the problem. I'm just glad that it is a realitively minor issue. Too bad for me that the stereo is my liveliehood on the drive to and from work.

Overall I totally love my new car. I cannot wait to get my first mod done. That will probably be the auto dimming mirror with temp/compass/homelink. That will of course only be the beginning. :cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just got mine yesterday and I have to agree that speed comes quickly and quietly.

I used to think the overspeed beep would be annoying but I think I will like the idea on the highway. I am also amazed to hear how quiet the car is.

Sorry to hear aboutl your speaker problem, I'm not overly inpressed with the sound system. It is going to be a pain to mod since it is integrated into the information display.

I'm interested to find out how it turns out

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after dropping the car off last night for first oil change today and to finally pin down that annoying speaker problem, I have to wait. :( They had to order a speaker from Holden. *sigh* At least I didn't get a crappy loaner. My salesman hooked me up with an Aztek. That is a lot nicer than I thought. Our other vehicle is an Olds Sihlouette and I'd almost consider trading into one of those ugly beasts...almost.

Did take the car to the family for Christmas though and found a nice long (12 mile) road in central Missouri that I know inside out from being a teenager. 30 or so turns, most 35mph or 45mph warnings and two nice long (1-2 mile) straightaways. Didn't go below 55mph whole time and spent most of it over 80 (topped at 100 for wife's sanity :cool ). Damn this car can handle!

·
Registered
51 Posts
bomber76 said:
At least I didn't get a crappy loaner. My salesman hooked me up with an Aztek.
Although I do understand what you mean (you didn't get stuck with a Chevy Aveo loaner, or other econobox rattrap), this so looks like sarcasm! :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol! It does, and I didnt even realize it. Last time I got a loaner I ended up with a Geo for my new Grand Prix GT. :rolleyes: They had to order the speaker. So I'll have to be without the car for another day or two next week. Thank goodness there is national stock and they didn't have to order them from Oz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts