Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
johnnytuinal said:
GM will be giving a Extra $1000 off on the Employees program.....It called a 96 hour countdown sale Sept 26th.....maybe you can get the Extra $1000 for a GTO???...Good luck...JohnnyT
Is this official and does it apply to GTO? Is there any official GM website that has this info?

·
Registered
2 Posts
slonlo_350 said:
Hmmmm... Mines already ~$5000 below sticker. Maybe I'll weasel them out of another grand. That'd be sweet!! It is arriving this afternoon and on Monday it will be mine (barring some catastrophic financing problem).
Okay, a common number I've seen for GM employee discount is $30,718.93
against a sticker of $34,185 that is base plus options MN6 and N87. So is the real street price you all are seeing about $29K?

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel if you walk into a few dealers one should give you a GTO at Invoice and you want that $1000 rebate.......So the GtO should be somewhere in the $28s.........Can't say it cannot be done since sept is ending and dealers want to sell these cars if they can...JohnnyT :party:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi folks, great site! Here's what I found in the Orange County Register today:

$7188 off with the $1K additional rebate. Who knows if they have it or not though. Here is the info according to the VIN.

Window Sticker

I would have tried to buy it today but we need to finish paying off the wife's Suburb first. So I'll be getting an '06 somtime next year. Thank goodness I get the GM employee discount everyday. I have no affiliation with this dealer nor have I done any business with them. I never heard of them until today.

·
Registered
937 Posts
96SoCalSS said:
Hi folks, great site! Here's what I found in the Orange County Register today:

$7188 off with the $1K additional rebate. Who knows if they have it or not though. Here is the info according to the VIN.

Window Sticker

I would have tried to buy it today but we need to finish paying off the wife's Suburb first. So I'll be getting an '06 somtime next year. Thank goodness I get the GM employee discount everyday. I have no affiliation with this dealer nor have I done any business with them. I never heard of them until today.
Notice it says "1" at this net cost. I'll bet that "1" is already gone before you get there. Nobody sells cars at a loss.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I was at a Dealer looking at a C6 vert, dealer told me they are offering the $1000 extra on the Vette. This Vert's sticker was 62,805. Had Z51, auto, heads up, XM, OnStar, pwr top, nav and polished wheels. They would sell it to me for 53,595 and give me 24500 for the GTO. It's going to be hard not to do it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
fergyflyer said:
They would sell it to me for 53,595 and give me 24500 for the GTO. It's going to be hard not to do it.
That's a great deal -- but I'd hang onto the GTO and hold off on the C6 for a while. Not that it isn't a great car -- but I'm thinking that the prices on them will drop off after a couple of years of production.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
That's a great deal -- but I'd hang onto the GTO and hold off on the C6 for a while. Not that it isn't a great car -- but I'm thinking that the prices on them will drop off after a couple of years of production.
I wish the GTO had a sunroof. I probably wouldn't be looking if it did. The Nav system isn't needed but the On-Star and XM are nice too.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
fergyflyer said:
I wish the GTO had a sunroof. I probably wouldn't be looking if it did. The Nav system isn't needed but the On-Star and XM are nice too.
I hear ya. I've bought a bunch of cars with sunroofs -- but never end up using them except as a vent while driving around or when parked outside on a hot sunny day. That said, they're really nice to have.

Back in the 70's, Chrysler used to put steel sunroofs in some of their cars. I remember them being available on 1971 Chargers. Always thought they were kind of cool -- because they were painted to match the rest of the car. If there was a nice car available with one of those -- I'd definitely get one.

BTW, one of my parents' neighbors just got a beige on navy C6 ragtop. It's really nice. Too bad he got hosed to the tune of $66K with tax and license.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Done Deal!...05 Yellow Jacket 6 Speed w/ 18's...$27,800

Got mine Saturday....Arbogast Pontiac in Troy Ohio has over 20 GTO's...I started negotiating with them a month ago and I broke off contact after they wouldn't come under $30k. They called Friday and told $2500 more off any GTO in stock. I'll probably be kicking myself when GM does some crazy lot clearing sale in October but I am happy to have it...finally.
They did gank me on my trade but I'm sure it was one of reasons they were able to bring the GTO down so far. I traded in an 05 Civic Si with 9000 miles...$19,000 retail...they gave me $15,000.
Gas mileage sucks!....But everything else rocks!!!

Danny
:cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the car at #1 Simpson. Thanks to this forum and 96SOCALSS! I've been shopping for over a year and just happened to check this forum late in the evening Saturday night. I called and spoke with the sales manager Paul. He wouldn't take a deposit over the phone but suggested I call later to be sure the car was still available at closing. Did that and drove up from San Diego at 7:30 in the morning. No dickin' around $26997 and drive off. Thanks again!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did they just have one at this price? Why the discount?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.