Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys: See the picks of this 12 Bolt Posi rear end from a 67 Chevelle SS that I am going to bolt in to my 66 Lemans. Some of you guys have done this, do I now need 67 Lemans springs? (66 Station Wagon ones are on there now) Because the bolt on bottom perch is different? The 67 Rear has that top hat mount for spring bottom...or will 66 spring fit?

Also, those anti-hop bars, are they just bolted on with no bushing? or is the rubber on the lower connection there on the pumpkin? Not quite sure how that bolts up....But will keep the wheels with good traction!

That old 10 bolt is pretty tired and I got this one all rebuilt and it is stronger too!Just a 3.08 for cruising....If anybody has any tips on that spring or hop bar let me know. I put all the new bushings in the car last year and it has new springs as well. I used the 66 Station wagon springs as I like the ride height of it.

So that andjust change the speedo gears, it should bolt right in:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe one of the administrators can move this to the technical discussion forum for 64 to 74....not quite sure how to do that or how it got under this forum heading.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts