Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at mc donalds for a double cheese burger in the drive thru. the car in front of me was checking out the goat. he rev the engine of his 90 somthing v8 powered crown vic or a grand marq. i got behind him at a light. thats win i knew he wanted to play. :) he gunned it as i did to but we both had traffic(2 lanes only) so we went back and forth for a while. then i saw where i could make my move 3 times but could not get in front before i had to slow down because a car or 18 wheeler. But when we got clear he got in the rigth lane and i just punched it. he tried to keep up but as i pass him i heard that engine of his and it sounded like he was at his rpm max. it was a straight away and i waved :seeya: then i said its a good time to see how fast the goat can go. i had to stop at 141 mph but i think she had more to give :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
EEZ GOAT said:
i was at mc donalds for a double cheese burger in the drive thru. the car in front of me was checking out the goat. he rev the engine of his 90 somthing v8 powered crown vic or a grand marq. i got behind him at a light. thats win i knew he wanted to play. :) he gunned it as i did to but we both had traffic(2 lanes only) so we went back and forth for a while. then i saw where i could make my move 3 times but could not get in front before i had to slow down because a car or 18 wheeler. But when we got clear he got in the rigth lane and i just punched it. he tried to keep up but as i pass him i heard that engine of his and it sounded like he was at his rpm max. it was a straight away and i waved :seeya: then i said its a good time to see how fast the goat can go. i had to stop at 141 mph but i think she had more to give :cheers
138 but I definitly had more to go!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
my friend got his 05 m6 to 181 mph.. i though he was lying but then he showed me a picture of the digital saying 181 MPH. crazy bastard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
314 Posts
jag767 said:
...then he showed me a picture of the digital saying 181 MPH. crazy bastard
How about pyschiatic? :confused

He's traveling 265ft/sec - almost 3/4 of a football field every second and he is worrying about taking a picture of the speedometer? Even better, how about genius?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
sboylan said:
How about pyschiatic? :confused

He's traveling 265ft/sec - almost 3/4 of a football field every second and he is worrying about taking a picture of the speedometer? Even better, how about genius?
No kidding! :agree
Our cars are nice at some high speeds, but 181! If he/she had to make a slight turn at 181 mph, he better have been driving a Ferrari, not a GTO. Props to him, but dang, I start to sweat anything above 120.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
I wouldn't be too extremely worried up until 140+ in the goat.

But yeah at 181... **** even if you're driving a Ferrari you better damn well be careful
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
im sure its real ive seen him do some crazy things and this would be no different. besides even if i wanted to question him about it one of his friends was there (not in the same vehicle) and was going fast enough to know he was bsing anybody with this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
It's fake, trust me that is the EXACT photo I posted, the 2005 is limited WAY below 181..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
Well if the pic was at night and it's even remotely clear, its definately a fake, theres no way anyone can take a handheld shot in the dark without blurring the **** out of it. Those shots were done on a tripod with relatively long exposures thats why I'm saying that. Plus to have it be 181 the EXACT same speed I posted pics of is WAY to coincidental! Not to mention the 2005 has a different gauge face, should be REAL obvious ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
GTPprix said:
Well if the pic was at night and it's even remotely clear, its definately a fake, theres no way anyone can take a handheld shot in the dark without blurring the **** out of it. Those shots were done on a tripod with relatively long exposures thats why I'm saying that. Plus to have it be 181 the EXACT same speed I posted pics of is WAY to coincidental! Not to mention the 2005 has a different gauge face, should be REAL obvious ;)
I've heard of someone with a Cyclone Grey 2005 who's had it up to 140 several times. But, 180 is bovine excrement for this car in stock condition. And even if you had the HP to get there, that nice ride of the GTO would get you killed at that speed. Too soft. You'd be all over the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
Wing_Nut said:
I've heard of someone with a Cyclone Grey 2005 who's had it up to 140 several times. But, 180 is bovine excrement for this car in stock condition. And even if you had the HP to get there, that nice ride of the GTO would get you killed at that speed. Too soft. You'd be all over the road.
I have had my Cyclone Grey up to 145, but only one time. I can tell you there was plenty left in it and it felt pretty dang solid to me.

Oh, and please dont tell me it was stupid to go that fast. I already know that. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
first off, I love the picture of the recalibrated IPC with the shift light and the indicator, however I know for a fact that you can make those IPC do what ever you want them too, while the engine isnt even running if you have the software. I have done it before with a GM TECH 2, I ran my speedo up to 200 and the tach to 6 grand and the engine wasnt even running. But back to the speed, I have been 146mph with the a/c on the third speed and the windows up and, GTOlover hit his to 156 with the windows down and no a/c, and GTODEALER says he his 167 the same way no a/c,, however we were all on the same road and traveling north torwards oklahoma very quickly. THis cars are very capable of traveling this fast, just wouldnt recommend trying to stop them as fast as they acclerate!!!! JUST LIKE A FRIEGHT TRAIN, TAKES A COUPLE MILES!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
GTODEALER2 said:
first off, I love the picture of the recalibrated IPC with the shift light and the indicator, however I know for a fact that you can make those IPC do what ever you want them too, while the engine isnt even running if you have the software. I have done it before with a GM TECH 2, I ran my speedo up to 200 and the tach to 6 grand and the engine wasnt even running. But back to the speed, I have been 146mph with the a/c on the third speed and the windows up and, GTOlover hit his to 156 with the windows down and no a/c, and GTODEALER says he his 167 the same way no a/c,, however we were all on the same road and traveling north torwards oklahoma very quickly. THis cars are very capable of traveling this fast, just wouldnt recommend trying to stop them as fast as they acclerate!!!! JUST LIKE A FRIEGHT TRAIN, TAKES A COUPLE MILES!!!!
your speeds are incorrect i was doing 151 and gtodealer was 157. comin dont be givin pepole false info all ready. dont make me get your daddy on you. haha :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
04gtolover said:
your speeds are incorrect i was doing 151 and gtodealer was 157. comin dont be givin pepole false info all ready. dont make me get your daddy on you. haha :cheers
"Your daddy" speaking, you kids are killing me..... I have had my GTO to 167, on that particular run I pulled it to 157 and backed out cause traffic was coming up..... and all I have to say about the 180 is *cough*cough*bullsh*t.... not a chance. :cheers
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top