Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have rebuilt the suspension (front and back) I want to replace my 14" Rally I wheels with 15" Rally I wheels as the car is higher. I still have the drum brakes on the car.

Is there anything I need to do to make this swap? Where can I get the 15" wheels with rings? Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if people didn't understand my question, or chose to ignore. I'll see.

I want to put 15" Rallye I Wheels on my "65" GTO. I currently have 14" Rallye I wheels on the car. The current bolt pattern is 4 3/4" and the back space is 4". I have looked on the web and the only wheels I can find require a 5" bolt pattern. Do I need to convert to disk brakes on the front and swap out the rear brake drums to aquire a 5" pattern?

Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bought my 15" X 7" Rally 1's from Ames as complete set with trim rings, center caps, and lug nuts. Added 215/70R/15 redlines and the combination looks good, rides great, and fits without any clearance problems. This is on my '66 that had complete rebuild on all suspension components.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I shouldn't have any issues converting my 14"x7" wheels with a 4" back space to these 15"x7" wheels?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
So I shouldn't have any issues converting my 14"x7" wheels with a 4" back space to these 15"x7" wheels?
I have the exact setup as DSMTIGER on my '65 GTO. I also put convertible springs on the rear to give it that nice little rise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts