Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember seeing this posted yet. Dealers can begin placing orders for 2005 GTO's with 18" factory wheels after the 27th of January. Production of these vehicles is expected to start in early March.

The wheels are equipped with summer use tires only.

Greg

·
Registered
304 Posts
The option for the 18" rims....is that included in the Sport Appearance Package, or is it a different option? I live in NJ and would rather have the regular tires that come on the GTO for the winter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GTOJon said:
The option for the 18" rims....is that included in the Sport Appearance Package, or is it a different option? I live in NJ and would rather have the regular tires that come on the GTO for the winter.
The appearance package is a dealer installed option. The 18" wheels are a factory order free flow option.

Greg

·
Registered
674 Posts
Funny,
The sport appearance package which does nothing for performance (just like all the tacked on crap GM put on the Grand Ams and Grand Prixs) is available from the dealer, while the option that may have an affect on performance is available from the factory.

Just the opposite of the Motion Camaros, and Royal Bobcats, etc. of the past.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom said:
Funny,
The sport appearance package which does nothing for performance (just like all the tacked on crap GM put on the Grand Ams and Grand Prixs) is available from the dealer, while the option that may have an affect on performance is available from the factory.

Just the opposite of the Motion Camaros, and Royal Bobcats, etc. of the past.
I'm sure at some point you'll be able to order the wheels from your local dealer, but I imagine it will be a bit until they can determine if the supply is going to meet the demand of production.

Greg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTOJon said:
Thanks Greg for the info.

I do prefer those 18" rims, judging by the looks of them...but I'm not quite feeling those "summer only" tires.
I'm sure at some point someone will come out with winter tires that fit the rims. Hopefully it will be by next winter.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.