Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on with revised gas mileage on the window stickers?

I've got an '05. Now I've never gotten 26 on the highway, but I have gotten 25. New '06 models with M6 show 16/21 instead of 19/26 on GM Buypower!

Anybody know why they were revised down? They couldn't have made it heavier, could they?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stephen Hopkins said:
Isn't 16/21 the A4 mileage? Sounds like maybe it's a mix-up / mis-print.
I thought that too, but it's showing up (at least on GM website) for the M6. I'll have to try to eyeball an actual sticker for an M6- - -DealerNut, Goatgirl, what say you?

·
Registered
455 Posts
The way I took it when I was looking at Gmbuypower about a week ago and noticed that:
The Auto trans is the default, and the first milage it shows is for the AT. When you change to M6, it doesn't seem to update. I just took it as the site being flaky.

Then again, it was also not bumping up the price when I chose 18" wheels at the time, though a few days later the price would go up for 18"ers.

Either way, EPA mileage ratings tend to not be accurate.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clueless said:
The way I took it when I was looking at Gmbuypower about a week ago and noticed that:
The Auto trans is the default, and the first milage it shows is for the AT. When you change to M6, it doesn't seem to update. I just took it as the site being flaky.

Then again, it was also not bumping up the price when I chose 18" wheels at the time, though a few days later the price would go up for 18"ers.

Either way, EPA mileage ratings tend to not be accurate.
Hard to believe GM could be that inattentive to detail! :rofl:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Don't forget, the automatic tranny puts the GTO into the gas guzzler class. While the 6 spd gets me closer to the 26, if I keep my foot out of it. Do you know how many times I have gotten 26? OH, the speed, the power, the awesome lights on cop cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.