Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
im working to fit my 18 285/35 into the rear, it is fitting but space is so hard to find, if you get my point, my fender lips are flat with the fender, and i'll be able to fit it in. now if you want 19 you will have to cut the lips.

19 it is possible but your tires will have to be very low profile, which means you will be sacraficing traction. go with 18 and put more rubber on the tire for better performance.

·
Registered
331 Posts
oh yeah and you will need to spend money on stiffer springs in the back as well as stock will squat down so much that you might be rubbing big time

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
Squat shouldn't matter for fit. If it fits then you should be able to go to the bump stops without rubbing. Jacking the car up or having such a stiff suspension that it can't squat down if needed is a bandaid and will make for poor ride and handling. For a guess on those wheels you'd need to find the offset

·
Registered
331 Posts
it will make the car handle good with stiffer springs. one of the reasons people change from oem, but you know that already lol. on the other hand, you're right, 19 with the right tire and the squat wont matter but then again wont have the full benefits from the car. and, even if he adjusts the camber to tilt the wheels in, he will get the traction once the inside wears out a bit and seats in with the rest of the tire, mid to outter part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts