Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I figured it was about time that I posted a couple pictures of my new wheels. They are 19" CCW SP500s, with 245/35/19 fronts and 275/30/19 rears.

The ride is a little firmer than stock (obviously), but it is definitely not harsh. I like them a lot. What do you think?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no vibration in the steering wheel.

I did have to roll the fenders because they rubbed under hard acceleration. I haven't had passengers in the back yet, but with a full tank of gas and while under hard acceleration (or over parking lot speed bumps) there is no rubbing at all.

I'm very pleased with the ride.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It cost me around $300 (+ shipping). I did it myself and plan on selling the fender roller and heat gun as soon as I get a few more miles on the GTO to ensure that they don't need rolled a little further. I only drive the GTO on weekends, so I plan on hanging onto it for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You should email those to somebody at CCW. They could use some more pictures under GTO for those wheels in their gallery. Oh yeah, they also look AWESOME! Does anybody have a goat with the classics on it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry, I'm done polishing. I'm gettin' old. Those do look way bitchen'.
EEZ GOAT, I'll be glad to share some cost on that roller. You buy it and when your done, sell it to me.
Red Racer: How about a close up of the inside edge of the fenders. Did you get any paint crack?

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
SJAndrew said:
V E R Y good looking.

Not too flashy while still being very noticeable.

I think I understand what "rolling" the fender means...anyone care to clarify?
Inside the fender, there is about a 1 inch or so lip that extend towards the inner wheel well. If you use a tire that is wider that the stock tires, you risk your tire rubbing on that lip under heavy acceleration and when you have a lot of weight in the rear of the car. There is a tool that you can purchase, that attaches to the lug nuts that you rotate and as it's rotated you keep adjusting it so that it pushes that lip up. Some have also uses a baseball bat between the lip and the tire and rolled the fenders that way. Or you can take the car to a auto body shop to have them do it. Below is a picture of a fender roller to give you a better idea of how it works.

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/tools/fenderlip.jsp

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looks good!

I'm not real fond of the idea of rolling my fenders, though. I'm waiting for some other wheels that fit better for larger tires. With the proper offset/etc. it shouldn't be necessary to do that, unless you want some really fat meat under there.:D
I'm okay with my cheap 18s for now. I do wish I had bought better tires, though. You get what you pay for.

Maximental

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.