Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Hoping that someone can help me out here with glue strip headliner placement in a 64 GTO. I started to install the headliner in my goat and everything was going ok till i came the the front windshield area. I noticed that there is no glue strip up in that area. I thought that maybe the headliner gets tucked into the windshield , but no way. The new trim strips i have would never fit on that area. so, i guess that whoever had this baby before me removed the strip and i never noticed. What To do ? Does anyone know if there is a glue strip in that area and if so...Where would i find one on the after market. Any help would sure be appreciated ...Thanks in advance

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Guys, Hoping that someone can help me out here with glue strip headliner placement in a 64 GTO. I started to install the headliner in my goat and everything was going ok till i came the the front windshield area. I noticed that there is no glue strip up in that area. I thought that maybe the headliner gets tucked into the windshield , but no way. The new trim strips i have would never fit on that area. so, i guess that whoever had this baby before me removed the strip and i never noticed. What To do ? Does anyone know if there is a glue strip in that area and if so...Where would i find one on the after market. Any help would sure be appreciated ...Thanks in advance
Yes, there is a glue strip that screws up there with 5 or 6 screws. I'm not sure they are reproduced at all, I had to find an original for a 66 build a while back and it was difficult to find.

I'm building a 64 GTO right now. I'll get a picture of it for you when I get home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts