Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look for a good 1964 GTO Sport wood grain steering wheel, would like to find a complete one but will consider just the wheel.

Brian

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
How bad do you want it? Probably the second most expensive thing next to your engine.
Nice examples are currently running about $3000-4000. Driver quality about half that.
Thats just for a complete wheel. Subtract a few hundred for the bare wheel.

Hard to believe I bought and sold a few for less than $25 back in the early eighties.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yep.... 3 to 4 grand for a nice complete one. You might get lucky and find a edgy, incomplete one for about 2 grand. If you find an incomplete one, keep in mind that I have a center horn cap.

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Yup that's the one I found when OMT got his ripped, why do you think they did that those guys knew what they had. Hard to believe a wheel goes for that much..and yet I sold my '65 original in great shape minus the blue arrow center cap(I put it on my new wheel) for only 225.00 ..crazy !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, thanks for your responses. I saw that one that's been on Ebay for years. I didn't realize that was the price sport wheels are going for. I have a buddy that had/has one that he was willing to part with about 5 months ago for 1K (wheel only). I'll try to get in contact with him and hopeful the price hasn't gone up...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yup that's the one I found when OMT got his ripped, why do you think they did that those guys knew what they had. Hard to believe a wheel goes for that much..and yet I sold my '65 original in great shape minus the blue arrow center cap(I put it on my new wheel) for only 225.00 ..crazy !
'64 versus '65 is like comparing apples to bananas. The two aren't even close in rarity, desirability and/or value.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts