Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1965 GTO needs a new drive shaft. I am converting from a TH400 to a Muncie 4-speed, and the current drive shaft is too short. Does anyone have a drive shaft they want to get rid of that will fit a 65 GTO with Muncie 4-speed?

·
Registered
10 Posts
if your still looking I have one that came out of my 66 also have the cross member and complete 4 speed set up if your interested. my car was early 66

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have one. It measures 59.5 inches from center of u joint caps at both ends. It came out of my 64 .It is in good shape . Has 1 tiny ding in it.Does not hurt it. I have run it and it does not vibrate.It will need a new yoke as the yoke is rusty now from setting.

100 bucks plus shipping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hav a selection of driveshafts... 60.0 is most common length centerline of roller bearing cap to centerline of cap opposite end
To determine correct lenght ( if unknown )... Align yoke & pinion shafts so they are horizontal & parrell
Push yoke all way in & pull out 5/8 inch
Hav weight of car supported as normal by all 4 tires...measure distance centerline to centerline
CAUTION too long of shaft will cram yoke into tranny as carrier pivots in an arc up & down & tranny is stationary....to shot of shat has other nasty effects...saw 1/2 of shaft straight up through rear seat...no fatality but no passenger either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts