Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting started on restoring a 65 GTO post and the frame is rusty...The worst is behind the front wheels, both sides...Its fixable but I would really like to replace the frame......I'm in SC just South of Charleston...The GTO parts are tuff to find around here, so what other frames should I be looking for...I thought about cutting the bad places out, and looking for something close to put back in its place...pic is the P/S front, D/S is worse.......Thanks in advance Jim in SC

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I too own a 65 post car and have had great luck with sourcing used parts from Sonic Motors in Holly Michigan. [email protected]. I know it's a ways from SC but they really have good quality used GTO parts. There is also a place a bit closer to you https://sundellauto.com/ in North Carolina. Just a tip, beware of many of the reproduction parts. In my experience, quality used parts are far better then the new, but poorly and often inaccurately made and very expensive repo parts. I hope to have my basket case car finally back together in the next few weeks. Let me know if I can help answer any of your questions.
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts