Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi McManusGTO,

Congratulations! Car looks great. Beautiful color.

Good for you for tackling the paint yourself. Keep the pictures coming...

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Nice job and beautiful color! I just back from seeing a guy to do my body and paint because I'm not qualified, he's getting back to me...meanwhile I'm looking for a night job 😳

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice job and beautiful color! I just back from seeing a guy to do my body and paint because I'm not qualified, he's getting back to me...meanwhile I'm looking for a night job 😳
My brother in law and I worked almost every weekend since last December to arrive at this point. Its a ton of work especially the block sanding. Evercoat Feather Fill is a great product with the guide coat allows for laser straight panels.

Restoration Shop Basecoat and the Tamco Clear are a great combo. We are going to start assembling followed by wet sanding and buffing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i painted cars for 34 years so im familiar with this process, have fun sanding and buffing, this time i bought one ready to drive. mines almost the same color as yours, its tyrol blue, looks almost identical and its a 65 vert too.
good luck

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i painted cars for 34 years so im familiar with this process, have fun sanding and buffing, this time i bought one ready to drive. mines almost the same color as yours, its tyrol blue, looks almost identical and its a 65 vert too.
good luck
Thank you

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Beautiful especially with that vinyl top, I want to see more of that motor...would look cool with a 1" lower front end, that's what I did 👍

1 - 20 of 25 Posts