Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody Im new to the forum and have a few questions on what would be a fair offer on a 1965 GTO. The car is my neighbors he has owned it since 1983 it is in pretty good shape has 55,000 original miles on it. It is night watch blue with dark blue interior, bucket seats and console 4 speed. the body is solid and was repainted sometime back in the early 80's the paint is not perfect and does have some flaws but would be fine for a daily driver. Now the bad part the car hasn't ran in 5-6 years but has been sitting in a climate controlled garage we were checking engine numbers last night and it does not have its original engine the block date is I082 and the 2 letters on the front are YN there is also a 400 cast in the block in raised letters on the front lower left corner so Im guessing its a 1972 400? The heads are 140's which look to be 326 heads? It does have a tri power intake set up. I know it will for sure need the carbs rebuilt and tune up and the exhaust system needs replaced too plus some suspension bushings and parts due to its age I am able to do all this myself so I wouldn't have to pay labor to anyone. Any help with pricing this would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry for the long winded post :biggrin2: Thanks Wally

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am fairly certain it is but with out the build sheet im not 100% sure. Were the build sheets put behind the rear seat on Pontiac cars?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
You need to order the PHS documents for the car. Well worth the $$$. And they'll tell you exactly what the car came equipped with. Then you need to post pictures of the car, and we can help you. Nightwatch blue/blue is a killer color combo on a '65. Mine's Blue Charcoal/blue, and I've had it since 1982. Keep us posted, and we'll be glad to help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Geeteeohguy...... what kind of wheels do you have on this vehicle? The reason I'm asking is because I have the same wheels. Thanks.

You need to order the PHS documents for the car. Well worth the $$$. And they'll tell you exactly what the car came equipped with. Then you need to post pictures of the car, and we can help you. Nightwatch blue/blue is a killer color combo on a '65. Mine's Blue Charcoal/blue, and I've had it since 1982. Keep us posted, and we'll be glad to help.
http://www.gtoforum.com/attachments/f12/44121d1408289756t-1965-gto-what-offer-65-kitchen-001.jpg

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I guess Wally never bought his neighbors GTO.....:nopity:

and ZRSteve, those are Rally I's on GeeTee's "vehicle"........:banghead:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Everybody either is or has been a rookie

Beginning a journey is simply taking the first step. Whatever number of steps are required to move beyond the "rookie status" you take, and no apologies are ever needed or required.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Wally, geeteeohguy is spot on. Get the PHS documentation on this car. I have a Nightwatch Blue '65 convertible and I not only have the PHS docs but also a copy of the actual window sticker. It cost me around $60 at the time, so it is worth the cost.

The GTO started as an option on a LeMans and the cars did not have a unique model number until 1966. The 1964-65 models are easier to counterfeit because of this.

Best of luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts