Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this site hope I'm in the right spot. Just started a restoration on a 1965 hardtop GTO. Because it was a vinyl top car it has some rust in the roof skin and one roof rail. Does anyone know if a complete roof from other "A" bodies will interchange. I need to use some of the structure from one side then the replacement skin, if not does anyone have a extra Pontiac roof. john

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Any 1964 and 1965 GM A-body hardtop will work on your '65. This means Buick Skylark, Olds F-85, Cutlass, and 442, and Chevy Chevelle/Malibu. Same part.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
65 roof

Are you 100% sure geeteeohguy. That is what I hope is true as I have a line on a 65 chevelle roof. I need to use not only the new roof skin but some of the structure as well, both side pieces that include the drip rails.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
65 roof

I would rather it be a chevy part then an aftermarket [if they made one] from Tiawan:patriot:

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Chevelle will work fine just don't tell anybody your car is part chevy!
John, it may make your car a little faster........:lurk:

Seriously though, glad you found some donor sheetmetal to fix that GTO. Post up some pictures if you get a chance, we love Pontiacs here no matter what the condition.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
65 roof

John, it may make your car a little faster........:lurk:

Seriously though, glad you found some donor sheetmetal to fix that GTO. Post up some pictures if you get a chance, we love Pontiacs here no matter what the condition.
I will, despite this add it is a nice car from out west does not need floors trunk pan or quarters or even patch panels but I want a real nice car so I will fix everything right, now if I can just get the guy with the roof to call back I will be good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
65 roof

Got pics of the roof from the chevelle, not bad but not as nice as I need, it has a couple rust holes and a little more along the edges so if anyone knows of a nice one let me know. thanks, john

1 - 9 of 9 Posts