Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if I can use TMI's 65 Chevelle interior in my 65 Goat? I'm hoping the headliners, seat coverings, door panels, sails and all interchange.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Yes, they should. That said, why would you want to? The Chevelle interior is taxi-cab plain Jane. The '65 GTO has perhaps the nicest looking interior of all the GTO's.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I'll bet dollars to donuts there is an LS small block going into the engine bay as well. Ya got your transfats, your transgenders, your transunions, and now your transmusclecar. Now I've seen it all. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pretty good sense of humour! I'm wanting a custom looking interior. Got an original, as in 1965 original interior right now. Fair bit of wear and two tears. Like TMI's look. Saw one of their interiors last summer in 65 GTO at a car show. I've got a hopped up 389 and a 5 spd tranny going through 4.56's.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Pretty good sense of humour! I'm wanting a custom looking interior. Got an original, as in 1965 original interior right now. Fair bit of wear and two tears. Like TMI's look. Saw one of their interiors last summer in 65 GTO at a car show. I've got a hopped up 389 and a 5 spd tranny going through 4.56's.

Ah, OK, good, you still have the 389, that's a plus. 5-speed, that's a plus. 4.56 gears, that's a plus. I was afraid you were going to turn that GTO into a Beaumont. :eek2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have to ask because it could be a reference I may be too young to get; what is a Beaumont? That's one I have not heard before.

·
Registered
180 Posts
OK. Now that you say it I remember seeing one of them for sale some time back. Looked like a 69 Chevelle with a different grill and trim. Got it, thanks!

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The OP is Canadian, and probably very familiar with Cheviacs or Pontolets, officially called Beaumonts. I once saw a '65 Pontiac Parisienne (Canadian Bonneville) for sale that had a factory 409 Chevy and 4 speed. Very odd and rare duck, eh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm a Pontiac big block fan from way back. Upgraded the front brakes to power discs as well. Maybe a tri power in the near future.So from the sounds of things, a 65 Chevelle custom interior from TMI should fit into my 65 Goat. Any nonbelievers as I close to ordering and there are no returns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts