Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, looking for some guidance, regarding the shift lever "button" is stuck. This has only happen once or twice, but the button on the shift lever, above the black knob, would not depress down releasing so I could put vehicle in reverse to back up. After "jimming" the lever a little bit, final it allowed me to push the button down so I could move the gearshift lever. Can you give me some guidance on this of how to fix it or is it in fact a problem. Can I adjust something so that it will not happen.. I really appreciate your assistance in this matter. 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix, it has a rebuilt transmission and runs great. It appears to be something with the shifting mech ... The lever has the black elongate ball on top with the metal button in the middle. Never had the problem before, have owned the vehicle for awhile. I just joined this forum...... Again, thanks for any information.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could be the cable is a little out of adjustment after the rebuilt tranny was installed. Or; I had the same problem once in my 65 GP but I was parked on an uneven grade. Hasn't happened since.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts