Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I happen to find this out there..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-PONTIAC-GTO/153292948969..
so when you see a GTO you might have a second thought after seeing the vin. IS THIS A REAL ONE.. people say there are more clones than real ones... so with that said just because you see one with the GTO vin, does not mean it is....good thing is if you own a lemans or a tempest, WITH MATCHING vin you know what it is, or untill its got a new vin in this case.. buyer beware.. if your going to attach a vin, my ques is you are going to go all out on a real nice frame off restoration.. you see them all the time on ebay.. makes you wonder..there are more Real Gto's today than 10 years ago, that could explain why you dont see that many lemans or tempest, I ques that would make them rare.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
well whoever buys these better have access to correct stamp/font machine to make that work out ;)
And while at it they better pick some of cheapo GM knockoff Rosette rivets.

If these items where tied to a limited production model I would say the intent would be worth the effort but a base '65 GTO? I'm not seeing it.
Go to any GTO show and look over some of those cars and I'll wager not all are what they appear to be.

Not trying to stir shit just my 2C
Cheers

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Here we go again. I reported it to ebay. This is ilegal and against ebay rules.

So what part is illegal? I have a few Data Tags myself from GTO's past. If I put them up for sale, are you telling me it is illegal for me to do so?

I still have a few old titles from cars past as well. If I wanted to sell them, are they to illegal to sell? :confused

1 - 9 of 9 Posts