Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Kind of like asking "who was buried in Grants' tomb?", isn't it? :lol: I believe it was like from June '65-June '66, wasn't it? Mine was January 2, '66. Check your vin. #. :cool Betcha everyone still had a hangover!

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
As well as I can remember the actual production year ran from late Sept. thru August of every model year. "Early" cars are Oct./Nov/Dec builds, and "late' cars would be April-August, pretty much.

·
Registered
711 Posts
As well as I can remember the actual production year ran from late Sept. thru August of every model year. "Early" cars are Oct./Nov/Dec builds, and "late' cars would be April-August, pretty much.
This is generally true except for '69, if I remember right... The UAW was on strike against GM and it delayed the new model build/release by several months. Consequently, in general you'll have MANY more '69's of a particular model than '70 of the same model. I know I had a '69 Corvette which was produced on Nov. 22nd, 1969. It was car number 36,314 out of approx. 38,000 cars. In 1970, they only produced something less than ~ 20,000, if memory serves.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I found date stamp 6-66 stamped into my frame seems late in the year to be titled as a 1966 car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts