Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 66 GTO convertible project. Just a little history about this car. It was purchased by our family in the early 80's and my brother drove the car for a few years until he went into the service. I was fortunate enough to drive the car throughout high school and had it for the next 6 years until I parted ways with it. After 22 years I recently purchased the car back and started stripping it down for a frame off restoration. I intended to do most of the work until I ran into a little more rust than I was comfortable with. I found a shop that I was confident could handle the job and shipped it off to them in March of this year. They're finishing up the sheet metal now and hopefully it will be in paint soon. I'll dig up the pictures and try and bring this up to date.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Isn't it amazing that the passion for these old cars is so great that we will do literally anything to bring them back from the dead?

Well done sir, looks like it is coming along nicely. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that the sentimental value outweighed rational thinking on this one. Otherwise this car would be in the crusher. Ok, enough of the sappy $#it, let's get back to the good stuff...

Here's what was left under the quarter reveal molding- before and after pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And some of the trunk deck.
I need to order weather stripping for the trunk and doors. I figured I would just order a complete kit but the only one I could find was the stage II kit from OPGI. Anyone know of another source for a complete kit for a convertible or can comment on the OPGI kit?

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts