Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just purchased a 1966 gto 33 years after I sold my last one. Very excited to get this project rolling. I found the link to the data plate decoder but I am having troubles using it. If anyone could please help me with this tag it would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Heres a pic of my other 66 pontiac, not a GTO but very simular front end and interior. 44 thousand miles original owner Factory BBC 396 posi buckets and console. Custom Sport Parisienne.
Love it! That is clean and the rims/tires really make the car pop. Now if it had a BBC 427....... :thumbsup: I'd swap a GTO for that one - if I had one. LOL

If you can be more specific as to what you are not finding/understanding on your Data Tag, you might get a better response. Looks pretty straight forward to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually there were 25 427 4 speed Canadian Custom Sports built in 66. Needless to say for Canadian Poncho freaks these are the holy grail. What I am having trouble with is the Accessory W 2WG and the IL beside paint. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much for the great info. I kind of wish it was a 4 speed but a slip and slide built will be ok. It has a a th400 and a 396 in it right now so they both have to get yarded and the proper year drivetrain coordinated. Thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts