Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for quality full quarter panels for a 1966 GTO . does anyone know if and who sells these, i see any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
There are no reproduction full 1/4's for '66 or 67 Pontiac A body 2 doors.

For decades, those in such a need have sourced full 1/4's off western parts cars.
There seems to be a TON of '66 projects coming out of the woodwork, maybe AMD will get on board and pursue reproducing some high quality reproduction full 1/4's. Unfortunately, AMD is probably the only concern I have any faith in reproducing anything close to correct high quality sheet metal for muscle era vehicles. We shall see, in the meantime, keep an eye peeled for cutoff full 1/4's. Have delivered or shipped quite a few full cutoff 1/4's over the years, just not '66's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No one has any experience with these full reproduction quarters? As many people are in need of quarters, I expected someone would have already tried them by now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dynacorn is the company making the new full quarters. Looks like a 67 is all that will be offered. I understand it isn't too difficult making a 67 quarter fit a 66. Can anyone give me any insight into this? I believe you just have to cut some off of the 67 quarter, but I am not for sure.

I contacted NPD last week and they said they will be stocking them soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking over pics, I thought it was the top rear of the quarter. The 66 has a tail panel that comes up a lot higher than the 67. So it is only at the area where it meets the bumper?

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I looked at a repo quarter the body lines were off. Tried to find a "western" one to no avail. Ended up patching the bottom (with a repo patch) and putting the work into the original.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought this car yesterday, a '66 GTO, and the new repro quarter panels are included. I do not know the source. When I get the car (pile) moved, I'll look for manufacturer info on them. H.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts