Pontiac GTO Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Nothing more then unplugging the half circle column harness and plugging the flasher harness in.
It was made to fit/match the Pontiac wire connectors and sequence. PLUG & PLAY ;-)
Bag Eyewear Gadget Personal protective equipment Wire

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
GTO Jr. Well you are correct. Finding the Hazzard light system will be difficult. I did find one on e-bay for a 66 Chevelle for 200 bucks. I'll keep searching for the Pontiac version.

I've ordered the parking brake harness, switch, and nut. I won't be able to install it until my shoulder has recovered. By that time this thread will be several months old. With that said, can I ask a couple of favors?
1) Can you send me a picture or two of the complete installation instructions that came with your factory purchased parking brake light system? If you prefer I can give you my e-mail address and you can scan it and forward on.
2) I can't seem to locate the bracket that bolts to the parking brake unit and the switch bolts to. Can you provide me the rough dimensions of the bracket, including the thickness of the steel and diameter of the hole that bolt to the brake unit goes through? Please do not go through the hassle of removing the bracket just eye ball it and I can go from there.

Thanks again for the help!!!!! - Ron

·
64-67 Expert
8,764 Posts
No. It's stand-alone, as seen pictured. Didn't go into the column until 1967. I used to see many of these units in junked GM cars in the '80's. Along with rear defoggers, visor mirrors, you name it. Those days are long gone. Ron, do ALL the rehab on that shoulder religiously. I had mine done in 2016 and made a 100% recovery. And am still doing rubber band/mobility exercises 3 times a week (by choice to keep in shape). It's a real SOB because the shoulder is so complex, but don't overdo anything and no lifting stuff after you 'think' it's healed....that's a great way to 're-injure' it. Take your time and do the PT. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Not sure about Chebby but yes the Flarestat #105 was available across the board on all 1966 BOP models.
I sold an NOS BUICK unit and IIRC all we did was switch a few of the wire locations to make it work on a PONTIAC.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Ron,
Not much to the Hazzard Switch install.
Unhook the battery.
Mount the switch onto the Parking Brake arm.
Plug the Bulb Socket into the provision in the lower speedo housing.
Plug the power lead to the PARK BRAKE acc terminal on the lower right of the fuse block.
Reconnect Battery.

Here are some pic of the Switch & Bracket I hope they are of help.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Material property Gas Bumper Auto part

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Grille

Gas Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Engineering

Audio equipment Electrical wiring Cable Electricity Coil

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Th
Ron,
Not much to the Hazzard Switch install.
Unhook the battery.
Mount the switch onto the Parking Brake arm.
Plug the Bulb Socket into the provision in the lower speedo housing.
Plug the power lead to the PARK BRAKE acc terminal on the lower right of the fuse block.
Reconnect Battery.

Here are some pic of the Switch & Bracket I hope they are of help.
View attachment 153576
View attachment 153577
View attachment 153578
View attachment 153579
View attachment 153580
View attachment 153581
Thanks for the photos!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No. It's stand-alone, as seen pictured. Didn't go into the column until 1967. I used to see many of these units in junked GM cars in the '80's. Along with rear defoggers, visor mirrors, you name it. Those days are long gone. Ron, do ALL the rehab on that shoulder religiously. I had mine done in 2016 and made a 100% recovery. And am still doing rubber band/mobility exercises 3 times a week (by choice to keep in shape). It's a real SOB because the shoulder is so complex, but don't overdo anything and no lifting stuff after you 'think' it's healed....that's a great way to 're-injure' it. Take your time and do the PT. Good luck.
Thanks for the advice on the shoulder. I'm doing exactly what they are asking!! Long process..

21 - 34 of 34 Posts