Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have for sale or know where I can purchase a black 66 GTO grab bar lucite I've only been able to find the repops in blue thank you

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Thanks I didn't know that i have seen a few black ones at shows
The Parts Place has the lucite in black, but says for 1967. That said, not sure what the factory differences are between '66 & '67, but my guess is they are the same overall size/placement on the dash. So you may be seeing a '67 bar on a '66 car. So you might just go with a complete aftermarket grab bar for 1967 and us it. This is from Ebay.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
First let me make a correction.
The first image is not a 1966.

This is;
Musical instrument Rectangle Font Musical instrument accessory Electric blue

Azure Hood Sleeve Rectangle Gadget

IIRC the Bezels area the same.
So if you want t use the Black aftermarket Lucite backing you will need to use the '67 grab bar as well.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
First let me make a correction.
The first image is not a 1966.

This is;
View attachment 154761
View attachment 154762

IIRC the Bezels area the same.
So if you want t use the Black aftermarket Lucite backing you will need to use the '67 grab bar as well.

OK, thanks for the clarification and comparison photos.

I knew the handles and the chrome at the base of the grab bars were different from year to year, but I did not think the overall size of the lucite had changed any other than the noted differences. I "assumed" if one wanted to use a different year than the original that you could/would need to swap the entire grab bar handle/lucite.

I like the '67 grab bar handle and its chrome better than the earlier grab handle/chrome. (y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I dug up my broken lucite that came with the car and it was black and it had the correct holes for the 66 lol who knows maybe at one point long ago some company was making them in black

1 - 9 of 9 Posts