Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the gauge shown below (old post on this forum) while looking for rally gauges for my 1966 GTO. Is this an original ampmeter for a 1967?
Does anyone know (1) where to buy even an after market one or (2) will it fit my 1966 cluster?

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not original. A body Pontiacs (GTO/Lemans/Tempest) used an indicator light. I like it though. Wonder where it came from?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the face place is the same as the one with the indicator light. Then my guess is that someone removed the red plastic and found a gauge that fit behind the face plate. Now to find that voltmeter that will fit.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
Does it work? If not, I would send it out to a service that can rebuild/fix it and then you would be done and put it right back in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me clarify. I meant to say, I found the photo of the voltmeter gauge. Not the actual gauge. I figured out and emailed the person that made the modification but they are no longer doing the mod any more. I asked for the source of the voltmeter so I could attempt the mod myself but have not hear back yet. I am keeping my fingers crossed they will.

Does anyone know of a source for the voltmeter behind the face place shown in the 1st photo I posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts