Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've found conflicting information about which courtesy light bracket is correct for 67 GTO. I believe the one on the left is correct as I think I recall it from when I owned a 67 decades ago. Does anyone know? Also, the diameter for the lens is 3/4 inch. Has anyone any idea where one can be found? I tried all the usual vendors without success. Thanks for anything you can share.

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Font Hardwood
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Font Hardwood

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
1966 & 1967
Yours looks to have been distorted a bit.
AMES didn't have the lens' in stock?

Textile Font Gadget Wood Beige

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the assist! Sorry to bother but might you know the diameter of the lens. The bracket I have is designed for a 3/4 inch lens. But finding a lens less than 1 1/2 inches is proving impossible. I'm starting to wonder if I'm looking at this the wrong way and the problem might not be needing a 3/4 inch lens but rather a larger bracket.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
The more I look at the first two you posted, Neither appear correct for '66-'67
Amber Natural material Body jewelry Jewellery Wire

Speedometer Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant Motor vehicle Car

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
OK, it got me thinking that I've seen that style before.
And I remembered B-Bodies had a "similar" light
and sure enough, I looked it the AMES B-Body catalog;

Automotive lighting Font Circle Fashion accessory Auto part

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, it got me thinking that I've seen that style before.
And I remembered B-Bodies had a "similar" light
and sure enough, I looked it the AMES B-Body catalog;

View attachment 146467
I can't tell you how much I appreciate you going to all this trouble. Agreed, the repro stuff is off from the original but being the few options available, I can live with that just fine. The problem I have is highlighted very well in your response. The lens is 1.5 inch while every version of the bracket I've found is .75 inch, which makes little sense and the retailers have no answer. This just should not be this hard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't tell you how much I appreciate you going to all this trouble. Agreed, the repro stuff is off from the original but being the few options available, I can live with that just fine. The problem I have is highlighted very well in your response. The lens is 1.5 inch while every version of the bracket I've found is .75 inch, which makes little sense and the retailers have no answer. This just should not be this hard.
BTW, your vacuum gauge looks outstanding. Did you have it rechromed?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The one you have pictured on the left is what I have a pair of in my '67 convt; but I've been told a couple of times by people who study this stuff that they're wrong, they belong on a later model, perhaps even a Big Car. However they work great/look cool to anyone who sticks his head under the dash. so they're stayin'.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
BTW, your vacuum gauge looks outstanding. Did you have it rechromed?
Thanks,
It's wearing OE chrome if you look close you can see some wear on the ring.
All the console and related bits are still sporting their original chrome.
Disregard the dust ;)
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 13 of 13 Posts