Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1967 GTO with posts.

Hi everyone,

Just curious as to how rare are 1967 GTO's with window posts on the doors? I think they call them coupes?

Best Regards

John

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
They are the rarest of all 67 models. They made just over 7,000 of these while making over 60,000 of the hardtop and 13,000 convertibles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it would be worth while to keep my Dad from scrapping it and try and rebuild it? I have just never seen one at any of the local car shows nor have I ideas what they are worth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It depends on condition and how big your wallet is. If most parts are there and the sheet metal is decent enough - save it, any old GM A-body is getting harder to find day by day. Most body parts including the trunk and floor can be replaced. If you have rust holes in your roof, it's not worth it - save what parts you can - even the frame might be worth something to someone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its clean but only 50% assembled, though almost all the parts are there. It had the left rear quarter replace and there is a touch of rust in the trunk but otherwise its a straight rust free AZ car.

The engine is a 400 that was rebuilt 12 years ago but as 0 miles, a 700R4 and Bear brakes (all the original stuff appears to be in boxes). Guess it was going to be a cruiser :)

Anyways I think I'll find a way to at least get it on the road and drive it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My 67 is a post and I bought it 4 years ago in good condition. Most post cars I have seen for sale go for much less than the hardtops unless it has been completely redone to concours condition. I attend alot of local shows and have not seen another 66 or 67 post, so the car stands out.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
My 67 is a post and I bought it 4 years ago in good condition. Most post cars I have seen for sale go for much less than the hardtops unless it has been completely redone to concours condition. I attend alot of local shows and have not seen another 66 or 67 post, so the car stands out.
:agree

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If these cars are so few, why did Pontiac build them. Did they have a purpose like drag racing? I'm assuming the post adds to the strength of the car.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
You are correct. It is alittle heavier than the hardtop and did not need as much support to keep the frame from bending. If you are a drag race fan, most of the cars you see are hardtops nowadays. I think the wrecked post coupes from the early 70's and 80's racing were crushed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts