Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to sandbalst the body at 1st but i decided to use a 6" da using 80 Grit sandpaper man on man idi it take me a long time to sand it down to the original paint it took me 4hr and all i did was the right side quarter panel is their a better way or am i doing it all wrong i start with 80 and end with 150 grit

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
LAZ,

Try 'turning off' the dual action part of your DA. Make it so that it only spins and you will cut through the paint a lot quick but be carefulnot to get carried away and cut too much metal. That may help speed things up. Looks like a nice project!

-Thor

·
Registered
475 Posts
i wanted to sandbalst the body at 1st but i decided to use a 6" da using 80 Grit sandpaper man on man idi it take me a long time to sand it down to the original paint it took me 4hr and all i did was the right side quarter panel is their a better way or am i doing it all wrong i start with 80 and end with 150 grit
i scrape the paint off with a sharp blade before i da it. speeds it up a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LAZ,

Try 'turning off' the dual action part of your DA. Make it so that it only spins and you will cut through the paint a lot quick but be carefulnot to get carried away and cut too much metal. That may help speed things up. Looks like a nice project!

-Thor
i will try that thanks........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts