Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow 1967 GTO owners, noted that AMES, Year One, Resto Parts and no doubt others are selling reproductions 1967 GTO tail light lenses...I was curious to know if you have noted the subtle difference between these reproductions and the originals. I bought a set from one of the above companies which listed them as "good"...after installation I noted the stainless bezels would come loose...and after getting cut to pieces trying to clean up the glue they used and re-glue them I noticed another discrepancy...the markings.

Originals as with the replacements have the cursive word "Guidex" in the reflective corner of one lower slot & "Guide 24" in the center of an adjacent lower slot....However, unlike the originals neither the left or right lens of the repo's had "SAE STDB 67" in the lower slot which also had the "Guidex" wording....I know this is trivial and that this detail would only be (perhaps) important to complete originality in judging, but I'm curious to know if anyone knows if the lenses being reproduced are from the original maker...or was a repo company given copy rights to use the "Guidex" logo...and if so, why didn't they place the "SAE STDB 67" markings on the reproduction lenses?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts