Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I have a 1968 Pontiac GTO with a blown head gasket. The intake manifold is a 6 pack
I like your opinion if I should change it back to the single intake manifold with a 4 bbl carb?
I mean it's nice to have a 6 pack but I need all that power. I need to know what I should do.
even though the choice is mine. Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well, testing has shown that the Tri-power carburetors and the single four barrel Quadrajet were about equal in power. Easier to keep the quad tuned but no denying the Tri-Power is special.
By the way, Six packs belong on Dodges. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, testing has shown that the Tri-power carburetors and the single four-barrel Quadrajet were about equal in power. Easier to keep the quad tuned but no denying the Tri-Power is special.
By the way, Six packs belong on Dodges. ;)
I am also thinking about getting a chrome Intake Manifold/ Carburator to install on my engine. What is your opinion?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also thinking about getting a chrome intake manifold and carburetor install on my engine. What is your opinion on this?? Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Everyone! Since I have decided to install a Single Intake manifold while the mechanic is replacing the head gasket. I decided to install a polished finish intake/carb set. I think it looks really cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts